Return to Baseball Leftovers

foulke

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Half Massed » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:55 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Half Massed wrote:hey i don't like it when people do what i did either. obviously i didn't know i was doing it, and there's a way to handle it. either ignore it or leave a link to another post answering the question. the link is self explanatory. no need to get pissed at the person. and the foulke situation is a bit deeper than just a middle reliever getting a save. since i was unaware at the time of foulke's blow up last night, i thought maybe they had just had enough of him and something had actually happened, not just a random day off or something and that was my question. as i said, i see why you got annoyed, i do too when people do what i did, but you can handle it without being a dick about it. i usually agree with your posts when i see them hort, so i don't want to start anything here, but i think you were out of line with that one. maybe its because i was on the recieving end of it, but that's my opinion.

;-D

;-D
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -106)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gabenterprises » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:04 pm

Is it wrong to ask if people see a deadline looming for Foulke? I know management can't say anything, but what do you think they're thinking? He can't blow one in four saves all year...
Is this an ok post to ask this question in?
gabenterprises
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby bselig » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:16 pm

No, it's not wrong to ask that question. I don't think anyone can answer it since no-one knows what management is thinking, and I don't know that management actually has a deadline, but your point is well taken: if Foulke continues at his six era pace, his days closing are numbered. If Foulke's numbers are the same two months from now, he will not be the Red Sox' closer - but I don't know that he won't turn it around, and if he doesn't I don't know when a change will be made.
[b][size=35]25[/size][/b]
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers