Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB.TV

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

MLB.TV

Postby sfbaseballfan » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:57 pm

I was thinking about ordering it for the month. But before I do I wanted to get some feedback on how well you guys like it. It is worth the money? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
sfbaseballfan Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rirruto » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:59 pm

Keep in mind that you won't be able to watch any games on Saturday afternoon since they will on national TV. And I don't think you can watch your local team live but can watch it after the game is over.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -26)

Re: MLB.TV

Postby reznorsboy » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:19 pm

I had Mlb.tv for the last year and was very happy with it. I found that real player worked alot better than media player. If you have digital cable or Sattelite I would recomend getting MLB extra innings instead. I recently cancelled my MLB.tv and ordered extra innings and it has been heaven. I get almost every game and the games are on TV without the blips and glitches of streaming internet feeds. ;-D
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -35)

Postby WittyC » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:51 pm

I must warn you... check which teams you are blacked out to before you order. Here in Iowa I'm blacked out to six teams! 8-o

I cancelled it b/c of this, but otherwise, I thought MLB.TV was an outstanding service. There are some glitches, as was mentioned, but I also found that running it through Real worked much better than WMP.

So long as you don't care about the blackout teams, it's a solid investment, IMO. ;-D
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Re: MLB.TV

Postby mikegp » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:20 am

sfbaseballfan wrote:I was thinking about ordering it for the month. But before I do I wanted to get some feedback on how well you guys like it. It is worth the money? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/video/mlb_tv.jsp

Go to the mlb.tv page. You can get it for free for two weeks if you sign up for four free issues of SI. Just make sure you cancel SI after the four issues.
mikegp
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -7)

Postby Trot Nixon » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:43 am

I got MLB.TV and split it with my friend, works very well in Real Player and I'm glad I ordered it. If you download Mozilla you can actually watch 2 games at once!
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -18)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:12 am

I've had it for about a month now and I love it. ;-D The quality is pretty good considering the price and the connection is sometimes laggy, but when that happens I just switch to a different game. I don't have cable so I can't get the Extra Innings, so this is my only chance to see live baesball. O:-) In terms of bang-for-the-buck, I'd have to say it's the best $15 I spend a month by far. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -436)

Return to Baseball Leftovers