Return to Baseball Leftovers

K Wells down ... Perhaps I Snell or Z Duke may get the call

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

K Wells down ... Perhaps I Snell or Z Duke may get the call

Postby SonsofSlam04 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:45 pm

Kip Wells - S - Pirates

Kip Wells lasted just two innings today and gave up four runs in a loss to the Nationals.
No injury was immediately reported, but he might be hurting. Wells walked four and threw only 33 of his 61 pitches for strikes. Jun. 30 - 5:30 pm et

Keep an eye on this ... a long term injury could result in the call up of Z Duke or the switch from the bullpen to the starting rotation for Ian Snell...
SonsofSlam04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:03 pm

It appears that Duke will get the first shot to start, with the Bucs breaking Snell in with some bullpen work similar to what Houston did when Roy Oswalt was first brought up. I expect Snell to start down the road this season, though.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Re: K Wells down ... Perhaps I Snell or Z Duke may get the call

Postby Jobu » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:22 pm

SonsofSlam04 wrote:Kip Wells - S - Pirates

Kip Wells lasted just two innings today and gave up four runs in a loss to the Nationals.
No injury was immediately reported, but he might be hurting. Wells walked four and threw only 33 of his 61 pitches for strikes. Jun. 30 - 5:30 pm et

Keep an eye on this ... a long term injury could result in the call up of Z Duke or the switch from the bullpen to the starting rotation for Ian Snell...

Umm, this is total speculation based on nothing. Wells isn't hurt.
Jobu
College Coach
College Coach

re

Postby SonsofSlam04 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:39 pm

Jobu .. that is how you get the jump on another team. My post was written to keep owners on alert in the event K Wells.. got hurt.. He only threw 61 pitches, thats a bit of a red flag and owners should watch carefully to get the jump on I Snell or Z Duke
SonsofSlam04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -4)

Postby Shermars » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:46 pm

According to the local Pittsburgh news, Duke will be getting called up to start for Perez this weekend. If you are high on him and have room, it would be good to get him and stash him away. With Perez out for a while Duke could get several starts.
I will not rest until I have you holding a coke, wearing your own shoe, playing a Sega game featuring you, while singing your own song in a new commercial starring you, broadcast during a super bowl game you are winning. Show me the $$$!!!
Shermars
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers