Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sheffield Suspended 2 games? Plus 4 for Kline?????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Strasil42 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:12 pm

nsulham wrote:
blankman wrote:
nsulham wrote:
blankman wrote:The ump was the one confronting Sheffield. He got right in his face and threw him out immediately after making the wrong call.

And ns.. I asked you politely to say something useful on the topic and you attack me for it? I said nothing sarcastic or irrelevant to the topic like you did, so don't accuse me of the garbage you pulled.

Actually no, you labeled me as someone who only writes negative and/or sarcastic things which is simply not true. Just because I made one remark in this thread doesn't mean I ALWAYS do it, so don't go saying "could you please for once say something relevant."

If you hadn't attacked my credibility we wouldn't have had a problem.

Don't make me waste my time to look them up and show you. You've been doing it constantly in threads relating to the Yankees of late (hell, the tough in cheek emoticon is used in nearly all of them) and I'd like to kindly ask you to refrain from making sarcastic or irrelevant comments in these threads. Thank you for understanding. That's all.

Are you kidding me here? Do you not remember all the "bad for the Sox...good for the Yankees" smarmy posts you've made?

You're not exempt from any criticism yourself you know.

I think he is just trying to say it gets old when it is the exact same thing in EVERY single yankee thread.

I cant even recall the last one that didnt have some sort of slam from you.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -53)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:13 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:What is the basis for Sheffield's suspension? Throwing his helmet or arguing with the umpire?

You don't get thrown out of the game for slamming your helmet down. A fine? Yes, not ejection. The ump acted very hastily, and that's why Sheffield snapped. All he did was yell at the ump, he didn't put a finger on him. 2 games is ridiculous.

Kline did balk, and while 4 games may be a little excessive, I do believe he bumped the ump, which has always been basis for a suspension.

I don't understand why Sheff was suspended, AND ejected.

So your beef is that he was ejected, not suspended... That's fine. But saying his actions didn't warrant a suspension doesn't carry much water, in my eyes.

His reasoning behind snapping is irrelevant. When you react the way he did, you get suspended, and 2 games isn't excessive, in my opinion.

No, I was under the impression that throwing your helmet usually only warrants a fine. That's what I got from the commentators and from Sheffield, who claims it's happened to him before.

You now get 2 game suspensions for arguing with the ump? Since when? He didn't touch the ump, that would be basis for suspension. But arguing? Does Pinella get 2 games everytime he gets ejected? If so, he'd miss a good portion of the season... I've never seen a player throw a helmet and get ejected from a game, unless it was as if he threw the helmet at someone, or onto the field from the dugout. Much less would I ever think they'd also be suspended for it.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -296)

Postby nsulham » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:13 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
nsulham wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:
nsulham wrote:
blankman wrote:The ump was the one confronting Sheffield. He got right in his face and threw him out immediately after making the wrong call.

And ns.. I asked you politely to say something useful on the topic and you attack me for it? I said nothing sarcastic or irrelevant to the topic like you did, so don't accuse me of the garbage you pulled.

Actually no, you labeled me as someone who only writes negative and/or sarcastic things which is simply not true

i dont know if ive ever seen a comment about the yankees from you that was neither negative or sarcastic.

And you the exact same for the Red Sox. You have no room to speak.

Good thing you posted in this thread. Without your posts we would only have relevant posts to the topic.
:-t :-t

Gee I'm sorry. When I'm responded to, I usually respond back. I'm pretty sure that's the way these things work....

I'm done now. Enjoy your topic.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -38)

Postby Mets4Life » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:15 pm

nsulham wrote:
blankman wrote:
nsulham wrote:

Actually no, you labeled me as someone who only writes negative and/or sarcastic things which is simply not true. Just because I made one remark in this thread doesn't mean I ALWAYS do it, so don't go saying "could you please for once say something relevant."

Don't make me waste my time to look them up and show you. You've been doing it constantly in threads relating to the Yankees of late (hell, the tough in cheek emoticon is used in nearly all of them) and I'd like to kindly ask you to refrain from making sarcastic or irrelevant comments in these threads. Thank you for understanding. That's all.

Are you kidding me here? Do you not remember all the "bad for the Sox...good for the Yankees" smarmy posts you've made?

I agree. Strasil is extremely pro-yankee, kind of like agnyc82943, whatever it was.
Anyway, who cares whos labeling who, is the f**king internet :-/
Mets4Life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nsulham » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:16 pm

Alright, I REALLY want to let this go but damn Strasil, how can you be SO hypocritical? You say I can't respond to anything Yankee without being negative but you do the EXACT same thing in Red Sox threads. Stop throwing stones, for your own sake.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -38)

Postby blankman » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:17 pm

nsulham wrote:
blankman wrote:
nsulham wrote:

That's all long ago, but if you've got a problem just PM me; I've been trying to keep this about the topic and you are the only one straying from the actual topic. For the last time, I'm politely asking you to refrain from further posts like this in this thread. It's unnecessary and if you really have a problem, I urge you to PM me and same goes for Strasil: please PM him and lets just get back to the topic.

Other opinions on topic anyone?
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -211)

Postby blankman » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:18 pm

Dear a Mod: please delete all the frivolous posts in this thread, including the parts of my own and allow this to get back on topic. Thanks.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -211)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:26 pm

Jeez, why don't you guys quit bickering? It always seems theres a fight in any forum involving the yankees.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -16)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:05 pm

Wow, this turned into a pissing contest pretty quickly.

Hey, my dad can beat up your dad. }:-)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:16 pm

The league didn't suspend Sheffield because he argued the call. Sheffield got suspended because he got ejected from the game and refused to leave instead getting up in the face of the umpire. Not defending it necessarily but that's the reasoning for the suspension.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers