Return to Baseball Leftovers

MR for NEXT YEAR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

MR for NEXT YEAR

Postby Kingsac » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:40 pm

I was the first player in my league to dump salary and play for next year. I need some good MR now who may be closers next year. So far I have Betencourt, Wheeler, Reyes, Colome and Capellan in my minor system.

Which MR out there help out in the whip, k, and era while still grabbing a win here and there, but may also become closers Next year?

Thanks for your help
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby go_jays_go » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:42 pm

Rafeal Soriano.

If Guardado gets traded, he could get the job next year. He's got wicked stuff, and he's quite young. He's coming back from TJ surgery. Just keep him in mind for next year. ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -710)

Postby Kingsac » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:48 pm

damn he was nabbed already!

But those are the guys I'm looking for, they have to make an impact for next year, so nothing too deep in the minors!

Anymore? keep em comming
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:51 pm

Watch Brandon League of the Jays closely. If everything had gone to plan for him (which it didn't) then he was set to be their closer by the end of the year. Instead, he has struggled the entire year in both Toronto and Syracuse, but he is showing signs of improvement. Watch League next year in Spring Training, and he might get the job depending on how he is pitching at that time, and what the Jays want to do wth Batista.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)

Postby go_jays_go » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:52 pm

Kingsac wrote:damn he was nabbed already!

But those are the guys I'm looking for, they have to make an impact for next year, so nothing too deep in the minors!

Anymore? keep em comming

Jorge Julio is also another option.

Chances are that he gets traded this offseason or even at the deadline. He's got pretty good stuff, and could be indeed a closer by next year. If he's available I would take a chance on him.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby with_pleasure » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:57 pm

Mike Gonzalez
Ryan Wagner
Chad Orvella
I think Riske might get another shot.
with_pleasure
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Kingsac » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:00 pm

Both of them are already taken! This is a deep league with some serious managers.

What about good MR who help whip, era, K, and pick up a win here and there. As you can tell the big MR have already been snagged, and even the up and commers!
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby go_jays_go » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:03 pm

Try Andy Sisco from KC.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby EK711 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:10 pm

Like Garf just mentioned, right before I got to post this....

IMO Betancourt won't close in Cleveland. He gets knocked for not being able to go back to back days, which has led him to get pegged for long relief a lot. Fernando Cabrera for the Indians is the young up and comer that has been talked about a lot to possibly replace Wicky in the future. He was just called up recently from AAA where he was smoking, 62K 9BB .99 ERA in 45.1 IP. Riske or Howry may get a shot to close first when Wickman leaves, but Cabrera is the closer in the making of the future of the Indians. In his first appearance in the bigs Cabrera went 3 innings and got 4 k's without allowing an earned run, and he looked good. ;-D
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -17)

Postby Kingsac » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:46 pm

ill take the risk on cabrera. Betancourt does provide some good ratios though! i wouldn't mind seeing him close, but i remember what happend last year so maybe I should watch what I say!
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers