Return to Baseball Leftovers

Another request for an ESPN insider to post a story

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:06 am

The main difference in what's posted here and what's not is simply due to pay vs. free. Info and articles that are posted are free for everyone to see and the user typically leaves a link to where he got the story from.

A pay service like ESPN's Insider is totally different. The user paying for the subscription has already agreed in the terms and services not to reproduce their articles without written permission, and the Cafe' cannot and allow it to be posted due to legal issues.

With that said, Sox, this is the second thread I've seen where you've asked for Insider articles. Don't do it again, and we appreciate your understanding.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby John Bonzo » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:49 am

Im sure that Schmidt would be thrilled to join back up with his dear lifelong friend AJ Pierzynski
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)

Postby Registered_Guest » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:04 am

I think they ought to get Burnett (before Schmidt).

I'd have to think long and hard about Vizquel -- I'm thinking he has 2 more years left on his deal. I'd probably pass on him.
1.Roger>Randy this year; 2.New Yankee SP's = BUST! (again); 3. Bernie will cover the least amount of ground of any CF in baseball for 4th straight yr.; 4. Yanks = stuck with Giambi's contract; 5. Loaiza > any SP signed in offseason by Yankees.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:45 am

Here's a good site that consolidates articles from various newspapers that should include most of the "rumors" that are posted on Insider.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/mlb/mlbrumors.html

There's rarely anything on Insider's rumor page that I don't find on this page - and it is free and you don't have the copyright issues discussed regarding posting of Insider articles on the Cafe.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -74)
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby MMoNeY24 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:01 pm

Dawgpound 1613 wrote:Here's a good site that consolidates articles from various newspapers that should include most of the "rumors" that are posted on Insider.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/mlb/mlbrumors.html

There's rarely anything on Insider's rumor page that I don't find on this page - and it is free and you don't have the copyright issues discussed regarding posting of Insider articles on the Cafe.

Damn, so I guess I'm not the only one that knows about that site. :,-( :-b
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -73)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers