Start Webb in Minnesota?

Sleepers, updates, strategy, advice ... if it doesn't fit one of the more specialized categories, it goes right here! (Note: Please do NOT post trade, keeper or 'rate my team' questions - they have separate forums.)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

GEMNYC

Start Webb in Minnesota?

Post by GEMNYC »

would you start webb in minnesota? Any idea who he is pitching against?
Madison
Trivia Champion

Post by Madison »

I'm going to start him. He's been great so far and I don't see a reason to bench him. Maybe someone knows something I don't?
Darkness consumed the light, beckoning his return.

The Deadman walks again!
rjforlife
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No

ya

Post by rjforlife »

ditto....hes yet to give up more than 3 er in his 7 starts i will continue to start him every start until he does something that really forces me to bench him. what a fine lad.
Redriot
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Redriot »

Man this is a waste of a thread. Why wouldn't you start him, it's not like Minny is a super offensive team, and Brandon Webb is a solid good pitcher. Why would you even have doubts about this...? You have pitchers on your team because you want them to contribute to your team. Unless they're playing at Coors or against a fabulous offensive team, START EVERYONE!
DGroundhog
T-Ball Trainer

Post by DGroundhog »

Redriot wrote:Man this is a waste of a thread. Why wouldn't you start him, it's not like Minny is a super offensive team, and Brandon Webb is a solid good pitcher. Why would you even have doubts about this...? You have pitchers on your team because you want them to contribute to your team. Unless they're playing at Coors or against a fabulous offensive team, START EVERYONE!

Well, for starters he relies on the groundout. Where are they playing? In the Metrodome, where a groundball doesn't slow down. The Twins are experts at slapping the ball into the Metrodome turf and finding holes in the defense.

Oh, and he pitches on Friday the 13th against Johan Santana most likely.

I'm benching him. I tried starting Foppert against my Twins, and I got burnt. I can't complain though, the W's have been coming pretty easy overall - 3 for 3 today with Halladay/Clement/Willis. I think I'll quit while I'm ahead.
DGroundhog
T-Ball Trainer

Post by DGroundhog »

Not a bad start, but I'm glad I benched him since he did not get the 'W'

Santana outpitched him in the end. Still, another quality start for Webb, who has yet to give anything else
Last edited by DGroundhog on Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madison
Trivia Champion

Post by Madison »

Another good start. Some run support would be nice, but I'll take the 8 k's and 1.16 whip.
Darkness consumed the light, beckoning his return.

The Deadman walks again!
YankFan51
T-Ball Trainer

Post by YankFan51 »

i dumped him. He totally imploded after getting a lead, allowing 3 runs with 2 outs in the 6th. I don't want that kind of pitcher on my team. He's a rookie anyways, and will most likely come down to earth
Leiter Fan
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Leiter Fan »

Dumped him? You're going to regret that one later on, after someone claims him off waivers.

That was NOT imploding!!! In fact, even with the loss, his performance still qualities as a quality start, and he got 8 K's to boot. I think the delirium of the headhunter's 300th win tonight is keeping you from thinking clearly (oh and if you check his stats for the year, very few of Rockhead's starts were as good as Webb's "imploding" start tonite)
Redriot
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Redriot »

You DUMPED him?! That's one of the most impulsive things I've ever heard!

Return to “Baseball Leftovers”