Return to Baseball Leftovers

dunn, casey, silva, mesa ejected and will be suspened...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

dunn, casey, silva, mesa ejected and will be suspened...

Postby ukjohn » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:24 pm

after silva tried to hit Dunn twice in the game (why a small pitcher would want to throw at a 6'6" 255 beast is beyond my understanding)

dunn will probally be suspended
silva will definitly be suspended
casey might get suspended
and I didn't see what Mesa did
"I'm out like a fat girl in dodge ball"
ukjohn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdh » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:31 pm

Dunn should get at least 10 games for charging the mound and inciting the whole mess the inning before for trying to injure Lieberthal. He's an arrogant punk.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby benjapage » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:42 pm

i was at the game. dunn is not an "arrogant punk". to my eyes, the feathers were ruffled when

1) dunn collided with lieberthal at at play at the plate. this was legit. he's a big man, using his strength and size to try to knock the ball loose. lieberthal is an amazing catcher, and held on to the ball. brilliant and exciting play.

2) dunn's next time up, silva throws high and tight. message received, right? warnings issued, yada yada...the next pitch, silva comes WAY inside. that is inexcusable.

3) dunn gets pissed--well, yeah...--and charges the mound. this may not be right, but um, i'd be angry, too. i don't think this was arrogance so much as, "hey, you just tried to hurt me for some stupid, retaliatory reason, you little bastard".

my question is why casey was ejected. i didn't see him do anything.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -30)

Postby jdh » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:45 pm

From the video replay I saw, Dunn was thrown out by a mile at home plate and he decided to charge into Lieberthal for no other purpose than to try and injure him. Especially in a game that was something like 10-0 by then, that type of show boating is inexcusable.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby willieroe » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:51 pm

Didn't see the collision at home, but just saw the replay. Silva will get a little extra for throwing a punch at Dunn's head, while Dunn was on the ground.
willieroe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby benjapage » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:53 pm

if you know the reds, you know that no lead is safe. he was out, yeah, but if you're a hustler, jdh, do you turn around and go back to 3rd? do you meekly roll over at the plate ("just tag me, mikey...you got me.")?

no, man. you know that if you knock that ball loose, you're safe. that's a ball player's mentality.

you can't seriously think that a man, unprovoked, is going to stomp in there and try to hurt another man. how can you say that? i'm getting physically upset, here. that's just ignorant.

i love the days of ballplayers hustling and laying it all out for another run, or another out. that's what i loved about that play. dunn went balls to the wall, and lieberthal--the smaller guy--hung on for the out. that's beautiful baseball, man.

the fight was ugly, but demonstrated a passion that i think this dollar-driven machine has forgotten. players cared. players got riled up and rallied behind each other. a 15-1 game became emotionally charged.

the rest of the league should take note.

i'm out,
b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -30)

Postby ukjohn » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:58 pm

dude, he was definitly not show boating...he said he was sorry and made sure Lieberthal was okay after he hit him

he didn't try to hurt him, I think your jealous because the Reds smoke you every time they play those ugly cards

dunn is the nicest ball player you will ever meet
"I'm out like a fat girl in dodge ball"
ukjohn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -18)

Postby bleach168 » Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:37 pm

I own Dunn, Lieberthal, AND Mesa.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!!
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -11)

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:31 am

Why don't you pick up Casey too and you can bench them all on the same day :-D

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Super GM » Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:36 am

Anonymous wrote:Why don't you pick up Casey too and you can bench them all on the same day :-D
Good idea! I like that! ;-D
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -55)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers