Return to Baseball Leftovers

Offer of a lifetime?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Offer of a lifetime?

Postby The Jury » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:15 pm

It's my first full season, I played a midseason last year, but my team needs some improvement in the outfield. Someone has send me a trade proposal in which I receive Rocco Baldelli (OF) and I give him Randy Johnson (SP). My friend who thinks he knows baseball told me to draft Randy Johnson early so I did, and all I got was this poorly ranked injury prone dude. I need help in my outfield and Rocco Baldelli is a top 150 player in Yahoo. The said he would think about it, and in the worst case he said I would just have to add one of my other crappy guys, he said William Koch. Should I add Koch or negotiate the 1 for 1?
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Jury » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:44 pm

Obviously the 1 for 1 would be better, but if he insists on 2 for 1 should I still go with it to improve my outfield at a low cost?
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Arlo » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:45 pm

You're right, if you're playing in one of those leagues where 'number of players named Rocco' is a roto category (and hey, who isn't?), this is an absolute steal. Wow! Do what it takes to get this done, even if it means throwing in Koch. It's not everyday you can get a player who'll wrap up a whole category for you.

Great trade! ;-D

Unless, of course, Jury was just kidding. Hmm... :-?
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1472)

Postby The Jury » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:49 pm

I don't get it... :-/

Can I get some ADVICE here????? :~(
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sevillano » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:15 pm

Man, you can't be serious...but if you are, then NO do not do this trade. Look to the waiver wire before you trade away a first rounder and/or a decent closer for someone like Baldelli.
Sevillano
College Coach
College Coach

Postby flloyd » Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:43 pm

If you were serious about his then I must say that you ought to think about another hobby because baseball just isn't your thing. This guy is obviously trying to take advantage of your complete inability to understand the game of baseball or fantasy baseball. With your lack of knowledge and naivety the best you can hope for is one person's team will be completely injured and you will finish second to last.

I say this assuming that you are serious and this is not a stupid attempt at being funny.
flloyd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -7)

Postby The Jury » Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:53 pm

Geez, taking away all the harshness, majority says I shouldn't make this trade? I need help in my outfield though. With Shawn Green, Ryan Klesko, Kevin Millar, and Brian Giles I have the worst outfield in my league and these are the guys my retarded I-think-I-know-baseball friend told me to draft!!!!! Damnit!!! So how can I improve my outfield without trading when the best guy on free agents is like the DL version of Bernie Williams??? Help!!! There are 9 other teams in this league trying to knock me to last place!!!!
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:02 pm

I really hope this whole thread is a joke.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:15 pm

Sorry, but this really is a stupid question. Here's an idea, maybe you can trade Johnson for Andruw Jones or Preston Wilson. Maybe that would be fair. RJ is WAY more valuable than you're giving him credit. If someone offered me RJ for Preston Wilson, A. Jones, or V. Wells, I'd seriously consider it. Rocco Baldelli? This guy's trying to rob you blind. All the guys in your outfield except maybe Klesko are better than Baldelli.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 86)

Postby great gretzky » Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:17 pm

klesko is still better to have by the end of the season than baldelli.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -7)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers