Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best Fantasy SS???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Best Fantasy SS???

Postby black_hawk8888 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:55 pm

Well, Tejada was a top 6 pick at the beginning of the season, but lately I'm thinking Michael Young is the most valuable SS. He could be had in the 4th-6th rounds.

H/AB R HR RBI SB AVG OPS
M. Tejada (Bal - SS) 146/458 67 22 75 5 .319 .931

H/AB R HR RBI SB AVG OPS
M. Young (Tex - SS) 155/475 83 17 64 3 .326 .886

I know that Tejada's numbers are slightly better across the board (excepting AVG, R, and hits), but the difference is so slight that I think MYoung is a much better SS to have due to his value and draft position. People that have Young probably took somebody like Manny, Santana, Abreu, or (God forbid) Beltran. Young is on pace for about 25 homers, 90 RBI, 110 R and a possible batting title. Anybody disagree and think that Miggy is just having a crappy year? Young
black_hawk8888
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:08 pm

yes. young would be a better value at round 4-6 than tejada at pick 4-6 this season. the hindsight optometrist rates your vision as 20/20.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -34)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:09 pm

Best fantasy SS: Tejada.

Best fantasy SS value pick: Young

Two completely different things....
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -231)

Postby The_Met_Threat » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:10 pm

this is a down year for miggy compare youngs stats projected throughout the year to last year miggy.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -20)

Postby Phatferd » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:12 pm

pokerplaya wrote:Best fantasy SS: Tejada.

Best fantasy SS value pick: Young

Two completely different things....

100% agree with this one.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -25)

Postby AT » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:23 pm

Young's not a value pick. He's the #2 SS and should be unanimously. You want a value SS pick? Jhonny Peralta. This has been discussed ad nauseum in another thread.

Don't forget Clint Barmes either.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -275)

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:28 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:Young's not a value pick. He's the #2 SS and should be unanimously. You want a value SS pick? Jhonny Peralta. This has been discussed ad nauseum in another thread.

Depends on your definition of value. I know what you're saying, and that may very well be the "standard" definition of value in FBB. However, to nail those numbers in the 6th round at SS is good value. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Met_Threat » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:30 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:Young's not a value pick. He's the #2 SS and should be unanimously. You want a value SS pick? Jhonny Peralta. This has been discussed ad nauseum in another thread.

Depends on your definition of value. I know what you're saying, and that may very well be the "standard" definition of value in FBB. However, to nail those numbers in the 6th round at SS is good value. ;-D

next year i dont think hell go in the 6th round. 3 or 4, people will realize that now.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -20)

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:31 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:

next year i dont think hell go in the 6th round. 3 or 4, people will realize that now.

Yeah, you are probably right. Maybe my statement of value pick was misleading, but I know I for one didn't believe the hype after last year. Nabbing him in the 6th round this year would have been a nice gift.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby dyuen87 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:41 pm

who will get drafted higher barmes or peralta next year :-?
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -21)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers