Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best Fantasy SS???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Fantasy Guru » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:48 pm

dyuen87 wrote:who will get drafted higher barmes or peralta next year :-?

Barmes for the Coors effect, and that his numbers are still pretty good compared to Peralta.
Fantasy Guru
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rotterdam_82 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:49 pm

I'd go with Brames, but if people are telling me I can get Young in the third or fourth then, well, what a steal......
Rate my team, leave me a link!
http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349 - English Villains
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -4)

Postby gofish » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:43 pm

I've been pretty happy with Furcal and it seems like he's gonna finally start running again. BTW any chance Barmes is back this season?
gofish
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:52 pm

gofish wrote:I've been pretty happy with Furcal and it seems like he's gonna finally start running again. BTW any chance Barmes is back this season?

Barmes is participating in baseball activities. As far as I know he hasn't had any set backs. He is expected to be back some time in September but I don't think he will help you that much.

I may keep him as my rookie for 06 and he should come at a pretty reasonable price also. 20-20 potential with a decent avg while playing at Coors.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby Secret Avatar » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:30 pm

Young may well surpass Tejada this year as the top fantasy SS. According to yahoo, he's only a few places behind Tejada. With the way he's been swining the bat, he could pull it off. Love to see some more steals too. He had 12 in 2004.

I've always said that Young is one of the most underrated players in fantasy, for reasons that escape me. He's a great hitter, plays in a stacked lineup, has a great hitters park for home, and gets TONS of at-bats. I kept him last year as one of six keepers (in a 12-team league) and there was quite a bit of naysaying.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -2)

Postby Laean » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:14 pm

pokerplaya wrote:Best fantasy SS: Tejada.

Best fantasy SS value pick: Young

Two completely different things....

simple and to the point. well said.

someone said myoung is the 2nd best fantasy SS, i think jeter would actually be the 2nd best fantrasy SS - he's very similar to young except he steals bases. i'd prefer a 20 20 player with comparable perepheral #s to a 25 10 player of the same position.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:16 pm

Laean wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:Best fantasy SS: Tejada.

Best fantasy SS value pick: Young

Two completely different things....

simple and to the point. well said.

someone said myoung is the 2nd best fantasy SS, i think jeter would actually be the 2nd best fantrasy SS - he's very similar to young except he steals bases. i'd prefer a 20 20 player with comparable perepheral #s to a 25 10 player of the same position.

But young scores more runs, more RBIs, more HR, and a higher average. He finished ahead of Jeter last year and hes going to finish ahead of him this year too. When are people going to realize the Mike Young is the plain better SS?
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -16)

Postby Matthias » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:31 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:But young scores more runs, more RBIs, more HR, and a higher average. He finished ahead of Jeter last year and hes going to finish ahead of him this year too. When are people going to realize the Mike Young is the plain better SS?

they'll say it once young becomes a yankee and jeter a ranger.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -34)

Postby Laean » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:36 am

Matthias wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:But young scores more runs, more RBIs, more HR, and a higher average. He finished ahead of Jeter last year and hes going to finish ahead of him this year too. When are people going to realize the Mike Young is the plain better SS?

they'll say it once young becomes a yankee and jeter a ranger.

hey i'm an angels & padres fan, and i don't give a damn about the yankees.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -3)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers