Return to Baseball Leftovers

Randy Johnson = Untradeable

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby davus » Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:57 pm

Funny thing is that I tried to ACQUIRE Unit about a month ago. Unit/Hillenbrand for Myers/Green. The trade was vetoed by a league of veterans because Unit was WAY better than anyone else in the deal, even though Myers had better stats and isn't an injury risk from merely being looked at funny.

I was pissed that the trade was vetoed cause it was what both of us felt was in the best interest of our teams and I thought that any extra value Unit had from being elite and on the Yanks was made up for by his poor season totals and huge injury risk. Enough people didn't agree that it was shot down.

Anyway, since then I've climbed about 40 pts (12 categories) and took 1st place and now I'm winning by 15 pts. 2nd place (ex-1st who dominated all season by minimum 20 pts) is one of the guys who voted against it. He has since emailed me to tell me that he won't be playing next year :-D
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sultans of Squat » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:00 pm

I too have Big Unit in my dynasty-like keeper league. He helped me win it last year, but yeah, he's been untradeable this year. Not sure if I really want Weeks for him straight-up although I did try to do a package deal that involves Weeks and RJ. Probably better off holding him until next year since he could be great again if he's healthy again (like last year). In a non-keeper format, I really feel for yah as there might not be enough time for him to turn things around to help you.
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 50)

Postby Sultans of Squat » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:03 pm

davus wrote:Anyway, since then I've climbed about 40 pts (12 categories) and took 1st place and now I'm winning by 15 pts. 2nd place (ex-1st who dominated all season by minimum 20 pts) is one of the guys who voted against it. He has since emailed me to tell me that he won't be playing next year :-D

Sometimes, the best move is the one not made. ;-D Happens to me often enough although not from a vetoed trade. :D
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 50)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers