Return to Baseball Leftovers

When do you predict Beltran will go in 06?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

When do you predict Beltran will go in 06?

Postby Yoda » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:17 pm

While I didn't think Beltran would be worth a 1st round, I expected him to at least put up 30 HR, 12 SB, .280 AVG with a bunch of RBI, R this season.

He's battled injuries this season which I think is pretty obvious. Given that he may go on the DL and his struggles likely to continue, what round do you predict he will go in 06? I'm thinking he'd be a pretty good bargain around round 5 or 6. Thoughts?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Oat Soda » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:20 pm

Fifth or sixth round really? I don't know. I have trouble believing he'll last that long despite how bad his season's been.
Oat Soda
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -18)

Postby Mustangs989 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:21 pm

He'll still probably be drafted in the 2-3 round range and that's probably where I'd draft him too.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -52)

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:24 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:He'll still probably be drafted in the 2-3 round range and that's probably where I'd draft him too.

I'm fairly sure that's where he will go. I won't take him in the second, but if he was somehow available late in the third, I'll take a shot.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -231)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:25 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:He'll still probably be drafted in the 2-3 round range and that's probably where I'd draft him too.
I agree. I would be shocked if he was available past the 3rd.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -946)

Postby Secret Avatar » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:25 pm

No way Beltran lasts to the 5th or 6th round. Some sucker will pick him up much earlier and pray for a return of the 40-40 hype. Ain't happening. At most, you'll get a return to his career output, maybe 285 BA with 25 HR, and maybe 20 to 25 steals.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -2)

Re: When do you predict Beltran will go in 06?

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:25 pm

Yoda wrote:While I didn't think Beltran would be worth a 1st round, I expected him to at least put up 30 HR, 12 SB, .280 AVG with a bunch of RBI, R this season.

He's battled injuries this season which I think is pretty obvious. Given that he may go on the DL and his struggles likely to continue, what round do you predict he will go in 06? I'm thinking he'd be a pretty good bargain around round 5 or 6. Thoughts?

17 more homeruns in 6 weeks? I don't see him doing that....I'd love it, but I say he doesn't do much more than 20.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -231)

Postby EnFuego » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:28 pm

3rd Round at most he will last on the floor before being drafted.
EnFuego
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Postby The_Met_Threat » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:29 pm

Exactly and some people will draft him late first.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -20)

Postby Matthias » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:40 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:

Exactly and some people will draft him late first.

i don't know who these some people are, but late second / early third feels about right.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -34)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers