Return to Baseball Leftovers

When do you predict Beltran will go in 06?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mweir145 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:46 am

Oliver Perez wrote:I'm in a 4-keeper. Commish owns him, Pujols, Miguel Cabrera, and Halladay. He won't let go of any of those guys.

That guy better be winning that league. That's the best set of keepers I've ever seen.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Oat Soda » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:46 am

If you're in a keeper and he's not protected, you play with idiots, or at least a bunch of kids who don't know better.
Oat Soda
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -18)

Postby Juhlz » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:04 am

I would not pick him before the 5th next season. If he performs better than that, oh well, I missed out. But he killed teams this season. There are no teams in any of my leagues leading with him on their roster.
Juhlz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dorje3 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:46 am

mweir145 wrote:
Oliver Perez wrote:I'm in a 4-keeper. Commish owns him, Pujols, Miguel Cabrera, and Halladay. He won't let go of any of those guys.

That guy better be winning that league. That's the best set of keepers I've ever seen.

I have Beltran, Guerrero, M Cabrera, and Fe Hernandez in my keeper and I am in 2nd place. ;-D

I think I would take a chance on Beltran in the second, and I would do the Toyota Jump if I landed him in the third.
dorje3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby duckbillgates » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:01 am

mweir145 wrote:

Last season, our commissioner kept Pujols, Vlad, Prior, Gagne and Oswalt. If you can remember back that far, you'll know that about four of those were potentially first rounders.
Try beating that head start. Ouch.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
— Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
duckbillgates
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Art Vandelay » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:26 am

One guy in my keeper league had ARod, Sheff, Manny, Abreau, and Soriano, among others, all on his offense.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -11)

Postby mweir145 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:31 am

Art Vandelay wrote:One guy in my keeper league had ARod, Sheff, Manny, Abreau, and Soriano, among others, all on his offense.

Great team, he's winning right?
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Art Vandelay » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:34 am

mweir145 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:One guy in my keeper league had ARod, Sheff, Manny, Abreau, and Soriano, among others, all on his offense.

Actually, because of a couple of poor decisions he's made on trades and some key injuries I think he has dropped down to third. But he'll be in the running, he just picked up Schmidt, Griffey, and Rand Johnson for some younger guys (without getting rid of any of his key componets) so he's primed to make a late push.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -11)

Postby mweir145 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:36 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

Actually, because of a couple of poor decisions he's made on trades and some key injuries I think he has dropped down to third. But he'll be in the running, he just picked up Schmidt, Griffey, and Rand Johnson for some younger guys (without getting rid of any of his key componets) so he's primed to make a late push.

I see.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers