Return to Baseball Leftovers

Individual teams...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Individual teams...

Postby davidmarver » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:33 pm

Are there any individual teams your fantasy team is riding into the playoffs? My H2H 6x6 (OPS, Holds) team has been around .500 the entire year until the last two weeks (10-1-1, 8-4) and now I'm 9-2-1 this week. All of this is thanks to the Oakland A's.

Dan Johnson, Bobby Crosby, Huston Street, Barry Zito, Danny Haren, Eric Chavez, and Justin Duscherer have paved the way. I've never had so many player from one team make this big of a difference so late in the season. Anyone else have one team carrying them to the playoffs?
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -328)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby theclefe » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:04 pm

I'm Marlin heavy, with Cabrera, Pierre, Beckett and Burnett. Had a lot of Cubs last year.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: -87)

Postby RynMan » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:12 pm

The A's have really helped me out too. Chavez, Street, Haren, Zito and Johnson.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -227)

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:32 pm

I don't think I have more than a couple from each team because in with 14 teams, it's a little harder to get a group like that. I have Pierzynski, Dye, and had Frank Thomas (dropped) from the White Sox. They were on a tear for a little while (I got all from FA), but are now more down to earth now, especially with Thomas back on the DL. From Boston I have Ortiz and Renteria. Ortiz has been mashing it all year and Renteria has had some good games, but nothing special at all obviously. I've got three pitchers from the Angels in Colon, Escobar, and Byrd and from the A's I have Chavez and Dan Johnson. Other than that, I think everyone's on their own. I would have drafted more A's easily if I had made the draft 'cause I like them alot and all of their players, but I missed it and couldn't get who I liked outside of trades and waivers.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -73)

Postby rotterdam_82 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:39 pm

Texas helped me out early on (Blalock, Soriano, Mench and Delucci) but all 4 are gone now. Don't realy have much else, a couple of Phillies (Utley and Abreu) is the best I can do.
Rate my team, leave me a link!
http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349 - English Villains
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -4)

Postby davidmarver » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:40 pm

My league is also 14 teams. I stashed Crosby on the DL when he was dropped, rode through Chavez' cold streak, grabbed Haren, Johnson, and Duscherer off waivers at some point, and got both Zito and Street in a pre-year deal.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -328)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:49 pm

i checked all of my teams,,, and i really was not 1 team heavy on any of the teams... but i did notice a common denominator of harden, oswalt, and griffey on most of my 5 teams(which has been real good for me this year with those 3)......
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -786)

Postby Tavish » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:43 pm

In roto I've ridden the Angels to a championship. Vlad, Figgins, GA, Lackey and Shields. Someone offered me a trade a few weeks ago for K-Rod that I had to turn down even though it was in my favor. If the Angels plane happened to crash my team would have been completely screwed. As it is now I would only be slightly screwed.
Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -510)

Postby Red Stripe » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:02 pm

I don't normally ride any teams but this year in my roto league Ive actually relied on the Indians a lot. Peralta, Sizemore, VMart, and Hafner have all come through for me and have moved me from 4th to 2 points behind 1st place in 2nd. V Mart I originally drafted, Hafner I traded for, and Peralta and Sizemore have been pretty good WW pickups.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -317)

Return to Baseball Leftovers