Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Mike Mussina HOF Debate

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:05 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
I think over the next five years you're going to see the Yanks take a big dive. They're getting very old, are stuck with some huge oong-term contracts, and have no farm system to build with. They're not going to just keep adding payroll, because even George can't afford a $300 or $400M payroll. I guess you never know, but I still don't like Moose's chances.

WTF does this have anything to do with Moose's chance of getting in the HOF?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:07 pm

Declining already. Apparently none of you have seen him pitch of late. He's flat out dealing like he always has.

HOF though? Not now. 300 Wins and he'd make it, but thats a long way away.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -211)

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:08 pm

Yoda wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
I think over the next five years you're going to see the Yanks take a big dive. They're getting very old, are stuck with some huge oong-term contracts, and have no farm system to build with. They're not going to just keep adding payroll, because even George can't afford a $300 or $400M payroll. I guess you never know, but I still don't like Moose's chances.

He said Moose should get in if he gets to 300 wins. I don't think there's any way he'll get there because of what's going to happen over the next five years with his team. That's all. It has a lot to do with his chances.
Last edited by Big Pimpin on Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -486)

Postby blankman » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:09 pm

Yoda wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:

He's just being an ass. Plain and simple.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -211)

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:10 pm

blankman wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:

He's just being an ass. Plain and simple.

Dude, I am not being an ass at all. Just chill out. Why are you so freaking sensitive?
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Rirruto » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:11 pm

Rirruto wrote:I hope this doesn't become another Yankee argument and starts straying away from the original subject

Too late :-°
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -26)

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:13 pm

Rirruto wrote:
Rirruto wrote:I hope this doesn't become another Yankee argument and starts straying away from the original subject

This is NOT what was supposed to happen. I was just trying to make a point about his chances at getting 300 wins. All I can say is WOW! :-t
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:15 pm

Guys, lose the insults. :-t
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby Rirruto » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:16 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
Rirruto wrote:

This is NOT what was supposed to happen. I was just trying to make a point about his chances at getting 300 wins. All I can say is WOW! :-t

I believe your intentions were innocent but I also understand how a Yankee fan can take it as bad mouthing and off-topic. ;-D
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -26)

Postby Yoda » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:17 pm

blankman wrote:Declining already. Apparently none of you have seen him pitch of late. He's flat out dealing like he always has.

HOF though? Not now. 300 Wins and he'd make it, but thats a long way away.

Yep. Look at his 04-05 compared to previous years. BB/HR up, K down. Lost some zip in his fastball. I'd say it's pretty safe to say he isn't as dominant as he used to be wouldn't you?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/4715
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers