Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cheating the Innings Limit in Yahoo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mweir145 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:01 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
New Zealand Fan wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Maybe you play in a shallow league because the only guy available out of those 6 in my league was Robertson...

:-? Well it's a 12 teamer Yahoo public so over half the managers have no idea but why would it have to be shallow to pick up those pitchers?

In the Cafe Challenge which is also a 12 teamer, every single one of those guys was available as well but I could only get Chen and Eaton in time.

I'm in a 14 teamer, where again, none of those guys except Robertson were available...

The depth of the league is only one reason for average to scrub pitchers being available. Another is how active the owners are.
Guys like Eaton would have been drafted in even shallow leagues but dropped in competitive, active leagues after his horrendous return from injury.

That doesn't happen in less competitive leagues, guys stop playing well before now and pitchers that should be waiver wire material stay on their inactive rosters instead.

Well, my league is a very active 14 teamer, where none of those guys you mentioned were available.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NZF » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:19 pm

mweir145 wrote:Well, my league is a very active 14 teamer, where none of those guys you mentioned were available.

The guy that has Eaton on his roster is not very active ;-)
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -27)

Postby djack909 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:46 pm

Next year plan for your Hail Mary weeks ahead. I was working on mine for over a week and chose last Tuesday as the day. With decent ERAs and WHIPs I got 37 Ks for less than an inning. Hail Mary put me on top in 2 leagues last year.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -11)

Postby bleach168 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:41 am

djack909 wrote:Next year plan for your Hail Mary weeks ahead. I was working on mine for over a week and chose last Tuesday as the day. With decent ERAs and WHIPs I got 37 Ks for less than an inning. Hail Mary put me on top in 2 leagues last year.

I think you should save the Hail Mary for the last day. You have a much better picture of the league standings that way.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby djack909 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:55 am

Lost two leagues to the hail mary. One I lead from opening day. I had a hail mary set up in case I needed it, the second place team set up a hail mary play Saturday night. He got 3 wins with 5 Sps. I got 1 win with 7 SPs. Lost the league by 1/2 point. I was surprised that so many managers used that tactic.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers