Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pujols is 4th in NL, OF All-Star Balloting? That's a crime!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pujols is 4th in NL, OF All-Star Balloting? That's a crime!

Postby kcs261 » Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:16 am

All knowledgeable fantasy fans have a duty to correct this injustice. For all that is sacred, Pujols has to be a starter on the NL All-Star Team. I don't say that as a Cardinals' fan. I say that as a fan of MLB. Likewise, no way should Sammy Sosa and his corked bat and miserable stats be a starter.

As fans of the game, I urge you to go on MLB's site and vote for Pujols. The guy is, quite simply, the best hitter in the game right now. And I urge you not to vote for Sammy Sosa. The guy has done nothing to deserve it this year.

People at the ballpark are obviously going to make picks based on name recognition alone. But we, as knowledgeable fantasy managers, cannot allow this to stand!! Vote Pujols on the All-Star Team!!! And give Sammy a vacation!!

Here's the link to vote: http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:56 am

I'd lay $100.00 that he is a starter by the time the voting ends.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby Lepke » Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:58 am

I think Soriano is a great player, but ahead of Boone??? Don't think so, not with that .290 average.

And Torii Hunter is the 3rd in the OF?? What? He makes highlight catches out there, too bad theres no such thing as a Designated Fielder. What's he batting like .250?

Bernie Williams is 5th?? Ahead of G. Anderson..and my favorite-- Vernon Wells 12th! 8-o :-P

I love the great fans baseball has. ;-7
Lepke

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Quaker » Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:24 am

I just voted for Pujols a couple of times, I also put in a good word for Vernon Wells.
Quaker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby quickfingerz » Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:01 am

I think the typical fan would rather see Sosa, Bonds and Vlad in the OF...
The key to Fantasy Sports is NOT about Sports but rather the "manipulation of numbers" in your favor

MASTER THOSE NUMBERS
quickfingerz
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:08 am

Funny.. i didnt hear Mr. St.Louis (kcs261) complaining about Rolen being way ahead of Lowell who clearly deserves to be there more than Rolen :-)
Rolen-.293,12HR,51RBi
Lowell-.302,21HR,57RBi

Those numbers dont compare when you realize Lowell is the pitcher friendly park and not nearly as stacked a lineup as St.Louis.

But i do agree.. Pujols should be the starter over Sammy.. I dont even think Sammy should be there.. corked or not. He's not putting up the numbers, he doesnt deserve to go. IMO. Pujols is the best player in the NL. For him not to start.. Yes, would be a serious crime. I know didnt start voting until a couple of days ago. Pujols,Sheff,Lowell all got my vote every time.. others i mixed in. Spread the wealth ya know.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby quickfingerz » Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:11 am

The All-Star game is and NEVER will be about #'s.

I'd rather see Rolen instead of Lowell. Rolen's much more of an exciting player. Heck, with his charisma and euboyancy, I'd rather see dontrelle willis over Lowell.
The key to Fantasy Sports is NOT about Sports but rather the "manipulation of numbers" in your favor

MASTER THOSE NUMBERS
quickfingerz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Super GM » Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:11 am

If Vlad goes to the All-Star game instead of Sheffield, then there's got to be something seriously wrong. Vlad doesn't even deserve to be on the All-Star team, the way he's been playing. I know all the the Vlad fans out there are gonna start jumping at me and yelling: "He's been injured! He can't play if he's injured!" Well, if he's injured, he doesn't play great baseball and if he doesn't play great baseball, he doesn't deserve to be on the All-Star team. Simple as that. My NL starting outfield would be: Sheffield, Pujols and Bonds.
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -55)

Postby Madison » Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:35 am

The All-Star voting is just a popularity contest. It shouldn't be, but it is. A lot of deserving players miss out every year because of it. Maybe some day it will get better, but for now that's just the way it is. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:37 am

I can't believe that Sosa is in and Pujols isn't.... I'm going to try and change that. Earlier this year, Giambi was ahead of Delgado, so things can change.

And, I think Lowell isn't a no-brainer. Their stats are close enough and Rolen, in my opinion, is the best fielding third baseman there is. He's amazing.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -93)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers