Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pujols is 4th in NL, OF All-Star Balloting? That's a crime!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kcs261 » Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:20 am

I agree that Lowell should be ahead of Rolen. That said, at least Rolen is having a good! Meanwhile, Sosa has had a TERRIBLE year. The guy hasn't even hit 10 HRs. So comparing the disparity between Pujols and Sosa to Lowell and Rolen is unwarranted. But again, Lowell should get the nod. I did vote for Lowell. Sheffield should be there as well over Vlad -- who is hurt.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nomar4prez » Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:09 am

The reason Sosa is starting is b/c he has the Dominican Republic behind him. Thats why Ichiro will make it, so will Matsui, and in Basketball, so will Yao Ming. Certain people will always be there.
Nomar4prez
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -19)

Postby DGroundhog » Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:21 am

Pujols and Sheff deserve to start. I can see fan vote getting Bonds in, but Sosa being there is a load of crap.

Lowell is overlooked by most experienced fantasy players, it's not surprising he is overlooked in the All-Star balloting. This isn't the first time he has been among the elite fantasy 3B during the first half. Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see him put a full year together, especially if he is bneing shopped around.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Madison » Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:25 am

I voted for Pujols, Sheffield, Lowell, on all 25 of my ballots. I also voted for the same people on all of my wife's ballots. :-*
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby wrveres » Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:51 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:The reason Sosa is starting is b/c he has the Dominican Republic behind him. Thats why Ichiro will make it, so will Matsui, and in Basketball, so will Yao Ming. Certain people will always be there.

This conjures up images of people in Dominican Republic lining up a mile long to use their sole internet connection (9600baud) to vote for the Corker. scary. Imagine if us Americans had that same passion.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:53 pm

i just took a look at the vote leaders and i'm disgusted, people just vote for names that have been stars in the past. it is just like the nba allstar game when vince carter was voted a starter and was hurt half the year.

i'm speachless at some of the people in the lead and some not in the lead.

some players are having the best halves of their lives and won't get anything for it garet anderson for example why is he so far down??

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Dennis Moore » Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:59 pm

The system is a joke. I don't know why you guys are surprised; this happens every year. I think the fact that you can vote online at all is a shame. People shouldn't be able to vote more than once; that's just ridiculous.
Dennis Moore

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers