Return to Baseball Leftovers

would this even be worth it?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

would this even be worth it?

Postby great gretzky » Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:52 am

I am in a 5 by 5 roto league. I really want to get someone like manny ramirez and move otu cory patterson. Not stragith up of course. I feel I have too many extra sbs. woudl something like brett boone, cory patterson and something extra, like hinske or trot nixon be both: fair to offer, and even worth it anyway. comparing boone and patterson to kent and manny right now, they are basicalyl identical, witha slight edge to me in hR's. Obviosuly, my two are a littel less solid. but patterson may also jsut be roundign into form too. any thoughts? this may jsut be a pointless trade for both sides in some respects.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:56 am

Well personally I like Kent over Boone (here come the Boone fans) and Manny over Patterson. If you can give Boone/Patterson for Kent/Manny, then go for it.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby great gretzky » Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:58 am

thanks, I figure I need a sweetener. MY thought on thsi though was that the trade target is in the hunt for first, while I am in sixth lookign to move up. His biggest need is sb's, and i have extra so to speak. SO I am hoping that is the xfactor. Of course that may drop me from secodn to the middle in that category, but I have a twenty sb lead on the next closest guy already. and I still have ebltran, hunter and eric young...
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby great gretzky » Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:11 am

one other question fi you haev the time -- or would it be more to my advantage to first try trading patterson + for berkman, or try something like patterson for chipper or something? I would rather move my tema more towards the proven players, even if int he long run I miss out on some stats. I am slowly trying to eliminate most of my team risk...
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Madison » Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:18 am

Well, I seriously doubt you can get Berkman or Chipper for Patterson. You would have to add a mid tier pitcher to have a chance.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby Riverrat » Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:02 pm

Hey boyz, lern how too tipe ore spel lol
Riverrat

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Baseball Leftovers