Return to Baseball Leftovers

Beltran owners rejoice?!?!?!?!?! Pinstripes or BUST?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby John Bonzo » Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:31 pm

I cant see the Yankees being able to give KC what they want for Beltran. They want a very good hitting and a good pitching prospect. The Yanks dont have any of those.
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thehat » Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:22 am

John Bonzo...are you kidding? The Royals don't give a rat's behind about winning. Their owner (one of the richest men in America) is a poster boy for what's wrong with baseball. He bitches and moans about being unable to compete as a small market owner yet he maintains ownership of this supposedly money-burning franchise. I don't believe for a second he's losing money, and in fact I'd bet my house he's turning a handsome profit if you added up all the numbers. Most big league franchises keep everything separate. Concessions, merchandise sales and other revenue producing entities are listed apart from the team books. That way these creeps can claim they're losing money, but they're really not. The Forbes magazine story a couple years back exposed these frauds for what they are and the Royals (Glass) are at the head of the class.

This is a long way of saying KC will give Betran away for a Big Mac and fries....and probably some under the table dollars.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -14)

Postby John Bonzo » Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:18 pm

Yes, the Royals would give Beltran up for a big mac and some fries. They have gotten less many times before (Dye, Damon, etc.). However, dont you think they would take the supersized big mac and fries that other teams would be able to give that the yankees cant?

This not being a contract year for Beltran, the Royals should be able to get at least one really good prospect. There is no way that Beltran goes to the Yankees.

KC wouldnt trade Beltran to Texas for Blalock straight up at the beginning of the year, demanding that Texas add a pitching prospect to the deal. Texas of course refused. Why a couple months later would they let him go for absolutely nothing? I could understand if it were a contract year, but they have plenty of time to shop around and pick out the best offer.
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers