Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wood at GAB? Wolf vs Atlanta?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wood at GAB? Wolf vs Atlanta?

Postby blankman » Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:01 am

Should I start Wood today? He's given up 7er in 2 starts vs the Reds so far this year and that ballpark scares me.

As for Wolf, I'd assume I should start him. What do you think?

In my roto league I need help most in ERA and WHIP so what do you think?
blankman

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby DGroundhog » Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:17 am

Well, for Wood, what you are looking for (ERA and WHIP) is not a good matchup. You have an ideal match-up to get K's, and a solid chance at a win. Wood is worth the start based on the K potential, with the free-swinging Reds against MLB's K leader. I'd be looking for 10 K's. The ERA and WHIP, you mght get tagged for. I wouldn't look to make-up ERA and WHIP at the expense of the K match-up. I'd do that with other match-ups.

Wolf against the Braves is tough. I think I'd sit him. The Braves line-up is just too scary. Their SS, 2B, and C are having huge seasons - and they are stacked in the OF. You wanna piece of that? I don't think so.

If Escobar is on the wire, he looks to have 2 starts against the O's, I'm grabbing him for some easy starts as long as he is pitching well. This is also a high K/ strong W possibility, Escobar can be a WHIP hinderance, and ERA is a tough call any game. maybe not what you are looking for, but looks to be a good start based on overall potential.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:30 am

hmm, escobar eh? I'll look into that. Anyone else picking him up? So, at this point, I'm gonna start Wood anyway and kinda hope for a Win, and 12K's and sacrifice ERA and WHIP for this start. Any other opinions?
blankman

Postby Madison » Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:20 pm

I'd start Wood. Zambrano did a good job yesterday and I think Wood will do just fine. Wolf vs. Atl. could go either way.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby blankman » Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:34 pm

Thanks for helping me make the right decison, by starting him. ;-D
W CG 3 hits 0 BB's 1 er 9 k's and only 108 pitches- which is a big deal for him.
blankman

Postby DGroundhog » Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:33 pm

Helluva game for the Wood-man.

* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby blankman » Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:38 pm

Wolf didn't pitch today (Millwood did), but I have him benched. Today has gone well so far - Wood, Webb both had great games and I've still got Zito. One thing went wrong though- I trusted espn's probable starters and didn't start Halladay. All in all, a great day as long as Zito doesn't screw up.
blankman

Postby DGroundhog » Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:46 am

I basically benched Webb in favor of Escobar's start. I needed the win, and his other stats helped as well.

I'm not real excited about the prospect of Escobar pitching on 3 days rest, but I guess I'll throw him out there again. With the way the jays are hitting, you can't help but expect a win against the O's.

Looks like Webb hits my bench again. Damn shame for such a fine pitcher. If I didn't have Biggio/Berkman, I'd probably throw him out there too.

* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers