Return to Baseball Leftovers

Webb @ Houston

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Super GM » Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:45 pm

Not too bad so far after the first two innings...if you leave out that homer he gave up to Jeff Kent. I mean heck, it's still Jeff Kent...
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -55)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:57 pm

6 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 1 BB, 5 K...

not too shabby ;-D

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby DGroundhog » Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:10 am

I've benched him his last 2 starts in domes, and I'm glad I did since he didn't get the W. Every W is crucial right now in my standings.

Nice job by him today with yet anbother quality start. Arizona finally has the #3 starter they've wanted. Too bad #1 and #2 aren't around to enjoy it.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Postby slomo007 » Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:14 am

Why would you be glad you benched him just because of no win? He pitched a great game, lowered my ERA and WHIP and gave me 5 Ks. I'm not writing any letters of complaint anytime soon.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:40 am

I think that start officially ended the grace period for asking "should I start Webb?" questions

if you're still not sold on the kid even though he has yet to give up more than 3ER in a start this season, then you're simply missing the hottest ERA/WHIP/K train this side of Dontrelle Willis

for those of you who grabbed him early and held on during his DL stint, nice going ;-D

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Madison » Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:45 am

A guy in my league dropped him when he went on the DL so I grabbed him. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby DGroundhog » Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:22 am

slomo007 wrote:Why would you be glad you benched him just because of no win? He pitched a great game, lowered my ERA and WHIP and gave me 5 Ks. I'm not writing any letters of complaint anytime soon.

Because I'm up by only 1 win and several teams are right behind me. Using up a start and not getting a W could cost me several points in standings.

I've done well spot starting players recently. I haven't been burnt by a bench/start gone bad in over a month. Woody against the Yanks? bench. Clement against a couple bad teams after somebody cut him? start twice, win twice. Dontrelle? Oh hell yes. Prior and Halladay always start.

It's more luck and obvious match-ups working out than any skill of mine, but I need wins. I could lower my ERA and WHIP to zero and only gain one roto point. If I fall off the win pace, I can lose 5 points.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers