Return to Baseball Leftovers

Slap in the face suprises

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Slap in the face suprises

Postby RAmst23 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:33 pm

Before the year began i was pretty confident with my projections, and of course, some of them blew up big time, or turned out better than expected...

Ichiro ONLY hitting .303
Konerko actually hitting above .250
Cliff Floyd getting over 550 ABs
Griffey's legs not detaching from his body
Shaun Green still being alive
Carlos Beltran making the illustrious 15/15 club

Andy Pettite posting an ERA 1.39 under his career number
Chad Cordero not only keeping his job as the National's closer, but also performing slightly better than Jose Mesa.
My favorite.. some of the pitchers this year who have 20 saves or more: Yhency Brazoban (21), Mike McDougal (21), Tyler Walker (21), Miguel Batista (31), Brian Fuentes (31), Ryan Dempster (33), Dustin Hermanson (34), Derrick Turnbow (39), Todd Jones (40), Danny Baez (41).. and of course Bob Wickman (45). Anyone wait to get their saves later in the draft this year? (These are 11 out of the 25 pitchers who recorder 20+ saves this year).

Cris Capuano actually helping me this year
and of course... my NL MVP pick being one of the true dominant players in the league this year; God Bless you Jim Thome.

Any thoughts?
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Half Massed » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:13 am

This is why fantasy baseball's so great. There's virtually no locks anywhere, it's all about research, luck, and timing. I'm already excited for next year.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -106)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers