Helton
Dunn
Sexson
Konerko
Berkman
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -328)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby superfly » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:59 pm

Pujols
Teix
Ortiz
Hafner
Dunn
D.Lee
Helton
Delgado
Sexson
Berkman
Konerko
superfly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby AT » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:49 pm

Yoda wrote:Bump up Morneau and Thome. I think Thome will be a great sleeper.

Regarding Thome... Granted I'm a big believer in avoiding aging players with even a hint of an injury history and a lot of the time I unfairly write them off completely, but what's going to happen with Thome and Ryan Howard? Can Howard play another position that I don't know about? Is Thome definitely going to get moved for pennies? No way Fat Old Thome goes back to 3B at this stage of his career, so what's the situation going to be?
AT
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -275)

Postby Red Stripe » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:59 pm

I agree with bumping up Morneau, it's not guaranteed obviously that he'll have a bounce back year but he has the potential to be a great value pick this year. I agree with your rankings a lot, they seem pretty good, I'd just change a few things

Pujols

Tex
Ortiz

Hafner(if he is he 1st base eligible, im not sure though)
Delgado
Lee
Dunn
Helton
Sexson(high on him next year, he could be another very good value pick)
Konerko
Berkman

Howard
N. Johnson
Sweeney
Thome(could possibly move up if he starts for somebody and stay injury free)
Morneau

Giambi(Im still not sold on him, for some reason I always stay away from guys involved in the steroid situation)
Tracy
Overbay

many more
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -317)

Postby go_jays_go » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:29 pm

Anyone think one of the Philly 1st basemen will get traded?
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -710)

Postby Red Stripe » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:35 pm

go_jays_go wrote:Anyone think one of the Philly 1st basemen will get traded?

I don't follow the Phillies too much so I'm not sure what's going on inside their organization but I would imagine they would. I don't know why you would keep both of them there when they are in the NL with no DH. Plus they are both big guys and can probably only play 1st base decently so you can't really move either one of them. I'd imagine if they're going to trade either one of them it would be Thome, would be kind of stupid IMO to trade Howard, one of the best young up and coming hitters in the game today.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -317)

Postby baseball6791 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:38 pm

Definitely. I think that the Phillies will be trying really hard to move Thome this winter. Here's a little tidbit about it off his player card on ESPN

Oct. 4
News: The Phillies will explore trading Thome this offseason and might need to pay half of the $46 million they owe him over the next three years in order to move him, the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

Spin: Complications around dealing Thome include his age and health history. Thome also has a no-trade clause and wants to play for a contending team, preferably in the AL. Teams might want to see him play next spring before dealing for him but that would create an uncomfortable situation with fellow first baseman Ryan Howard. Potentially interested teams include the Angels, Rangers and Red Sox.

Despite the fact that he says he wants to go to the AL, I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants try to make a move for him. The Phillies would have to take on most of his salary, but he may be exactly what the Giants need if he can stay healthy - a big left-handed power hitter and first baseman to strengthen the middle of the lineup and make a push for a title while Barry can still walk. [/b]
http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/
My DeviantArt
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -100)

Postby Yoda » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:41 pm

I think Howard will get moved. Economically it will not be feasible to move Thome anywhere unless he just retires.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:00 pm

very preliminary

pujols
tex
ortiz
lee
(hafner)
delgado
dunn
helton
sexson
berkman
konerko
giambi
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -786)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers