Return to Baseball Leftovers

PEDRO...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

PEDRO...

Postby Clevelander » Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:35 pm

i hear alot of talk about pedro...pros and cons...

question i have is this...what do you consider his value to be right now...? and what will he do this 2nd half...?

if you had him do you keep him or if you were deciding to trade what would you be asking for...? obviously filling the needs for your team but again that all falls on what others in the league think his value is worth...myself, i've been weary about what the 2nd half of the season holds and i think i might be able to swing a stud hitter and a possible decent pitcher in return. what pitchers do you put in his caliber/equivilence to him now...

i know there is others out who have swung deals with pedro...was it to acquire his services or getting rid of him to obtain an upgrade in other areas...what did you get...
Harry Doyle: Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
Clevelander
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Robman » Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:45 pm

I tried dealing Pedro about 2 weeks ago right before he came back and I couldn't get any takers. Everyone was still a little worried about the injury. After he throws a gem in his next start, they are going to let him throw around 100 pitches. I am going to shop him again for a big time hr hitter. I think there are only a handful of guys you should trade Pedro straight up for, Bonds, Sosa, Schilling and maybe a couple others. If you can't get one of those guys then it would have to be a 2 for 1 deal.
Robman

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby sellpedro » Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:56 pm

I was considering trading Pedro as well. What sort of 2B or 3B player do you think I could get? Pitchers are overvalued in our league, so I'd like to aim high. Right now I have Little Cat at 2B and Ensberg/Batista at 3B.
sellpedro

Postby Jockpunk » Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:15 pm

I was just offered helton for him and I rejected it. The owner came back with matt morris and helton for pedro, derek lee, and looper, which i also rejected. Im hurting in a lot of pitching categories, so thats why im reluctant to trade him, but you may be in a different boat.
Jockpunk
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Clevelander » Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:44 pm

well in one league i have k.brown, vaz', and new phenom willis so i've thought of trading pedro to upgrade at 1B since i have d.young, he's not hurting me but i have looked at delgado/helton myself, also i have jeter in that team and thought of upgrading him if this slump doesnt turn.
the otherleague pedro is my stud pitcher with a myers, meche, and a few decent pitchers, along gagne, rivera, and other decent relievers so my pitching would take a small downturn maybe but i am last in average because of studs like thome, posada, and tejada so i'm thinking of a package with them and obtaining a couple of hitters that hit.

thats where i'm at and why i posed the question...do you think i should move ahead then in both cases or stand pat. i know there's still half a season but its getting difficult in my second scenario as i am falling in my hitting stats...
Harry Doyle: Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
Clevelander
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:23 pm

I dealt for him in the preseason so I'm not sure if this helps. I acquired Pedro and Chipper Jones for Washburn Colon and Shawn Green. One reason I did a 3 for 2 was to open up another keeper slot. We only kept eight and this trade allowed me slip Gagne into my last slot. I still own Pedro, and while I wish he had more W's, his other #'s are great. 1-1 I probably wouldn't part with him for a whole lot less than Arod or Pujols.

Postby The Jury » Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:39 pm

In my opinion, Pedro Martinez is the best pitcher in all of baseball. Because he spots the lowest ERAs, he is from my perspective the best pitcher. When it's all said and done, strikeouts, walks, and hits, etc. are all just to make it fancy. In the end, whoever gives up the fewest runs is the best pitcher. PEDROOOOO OH LALALALLALALA MARRRRRTIIINEZ!!!!!!!
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)

Postby HYLRedSox » Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:21 pm

Everybody is worried about his injuries, but he should be through it now, and he only missed what 3 or 4 starts. He has looked Pedro-esque in his last two outings, could have had the win last night if not for the bullpen (wonder how many times I've said that this year.) With RJ and Curt out, I would say Pedro IS the best pitcher in baseball, fantasy or otherwise. Don't deal him now, you will be very, very sorry...
HYLRedSox
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -7)

Return to Baseball Leftovers