Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who's the best fantasy 2B and 3B?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby beef » Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:46 am

Ok, great. Thanks for the help.

To switch gears a little bit, which of these guys would be the best to go after using Pedro as trade bait? I've currently got Cat at 2B and Ensberg/Batista at 3B, I could use a major upgrade
beef
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dennis Moore » Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:34 am

Pujols.
Dennis Moore

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:06 am

jdh wrote:2B:
1. Soriano
2. Kent
3. Vidro
4. A.Boone
5. B.Boone

Bret Boone 5th? Have you seen his stats. Right now he is right with Soriano for the season. And there is no way he can be called a one season wonder again.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -946)

Postby positionhelp » Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:08 am

Keeping in mind the current situation of Little Cat at 2B and Batista/Ensberg at 3B, my biggest gain would be getting Pujols? Is that a realistic trade? Would B. Boone and a lesser pitcher be an out of the question trade? Need some opinions here on which approach to take.
positionhelp

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:16 pm

positionhelp wrote:Keeping in mind the current situation of Little Cat at 2B and Batista/Ensberg at 3B, my biggest gain would be getting Pujols? Is that a realistic trade? Would B. Boone and a lesser pitcher be an out of the question trade? Need some opinions here on which approach to take.

You're really asking a trade question so this is kind of the wrong forum to ask it in ... ;-)

But the way Pujols has been playing he's really an unrealistic target. I have him right now and (literally) wouldn't give him up for any single player -- not even Soriano or A-Rod, and definitely not any pitchers this year. Bret Boone is easier to get, but right now he's on a hot streak, and I personally wouldn't trade him for Pedro. I think your best move is to try to get Soriano (who is really slumping right now), but in the likely case that doesn't happen, go for Vidro, A. Boone, Chavez, or Glaus, as well a mid-tier pitcher, for Pedro. Honestly, right now I wouldn't trade Pedro because his value is really low. Even though he's pitched well, his recent injury is still fresh in owner's minds. Wait a little while ...

If you have a deep league, I think Little Cat and your 3B platoon can ride it out for a little while. I think Aramis Ramirez would be an upgrade at 3B, give it a look.

Postby The Jury » Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:47 pm

Leaving Pujols out of this since he's not actually a third baseman anymore...

2B: Soriano, Kent, Bret Boone
3B: Glaus, Chavez, Rolen
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers