Return to Baseball Leftovers

x'cuse for yellin'...Smoltz and Wagner...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

x'cuse for yellin'...Smoltz and Wagner...

Postby Wind Dancer » Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:07 pm

:-t :-t Well...in the past 24 hours....my closers....have made a big impact on my weekly points......Smoltz and Wagner...2 blown saves, 2 losses, 4 k's, ERA of 9.00, and WHIP of 2.50...yeah...closers going for saves.....make a difference ...sorry...had to type that out to get past it....:-t :-t
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...
Anytime you have a 50-50 pick between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong!
Wind Dancer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CaptainJenks » Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:35 pm

yeah thought does suck, but you could have jimenez. i here he is getting the boot.
CaptainJenks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jdh » Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:33 pm

Not as bad as my closer situation. My 4 closers are Benitez, Mantei, Jimenez and Politte. There are rumours going around that Benitez is headed to the Yankees, where he would be a setup man, making him totally useless. Mantei has been injured for three weeks now and won't be back for another couple weeks. (I do have Valverde as a temporary replacement). Jimenez has blown a save and had to be pulled from a save chance last night and could lose his job, although Clint Hurdle says he's still the closer. And, Politte right now has been horrible, giving up a homer almost every inning he pitches and has an ERA up around 6.00.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby benjapage » Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:41 pm

politte's a pimp from now on. starting tonight with his 1 inning 1 K. people are getting politte-anoid.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -30)

Postby Wind Dancer » Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:16 pm

:-[ Yikes..."JDH"...what a bunch of c(losers) you have...sorry man...good luck fixing that mess.....keep an eye out here on Valerde cause Mantei may not last too long.....

good luck ;-D
Anytime you have a 50-50 pick between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong!
Wind Dancer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sean010203 » Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:50 pm

JDHi have the same closers asyou except Dejean instead of Jimenez. I kno im pissed with the my closers. Im trying to trade Benitez. I dont kno wut to do.
sean010203
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby sean010203 » Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:50 pm

JDHi have the same closers asyou except Dejean instead of Jimenez. I kno im pissed with the my closers. Im trying to trade Benitez. I dont kno wut to do.
sean010203
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Wind Dancer » Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:28 pm

;-D Look our for Valverde........looking good...5-5 in saves.... ;-D
Wind Dancer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: x'cuse for yellin'...Smoltz and Wagner...

Postby wrveres » Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:30 am

Wind Dancer wrote::-t :-t Well...in the past 24 hours....my closers....have made a big impact on my weekly points......Smoltz and Wagner...2 blown saves, 2 losses, 4 k's, ERA of 9.00, and WHIP of 2.50...yeah...closers going for saves.....make a difference ...sorry...had to type that out to get past it....:-t :-t

... Luis Gonzalez, whose homer against Billy Wagner on Wednesday night tied the game in the ninth, is only the seventh lefty ever to homer against Wagner.

I stumbled upon these and found it quite interesting.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Return to Baseball Leftovers