Return to Baseball Leftovers

Diamondbacks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Diamondbacks

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:49 am

Big Pimpin wrote:
DbacksAllTheWay wrote:Who does everybody envision the D-Backs getting, here in AZ they said they will get atleast one of the three: Sosa, Manny, or Nomar. I would be happy with anybody but Sosa.

Sorry man, but if they get any of those three it'll be Sosa.

I agree with that. Manny is going nowhere and Nomar has narrowed his supposed list to 4 teams...New York, Los Angeles, Cleveland and Houston.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -296)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:05 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
DbacksAllTheWay wrote:Who does everybody envision the D-Backs getting, here in AZ they said they will get atleast one of the three: Sosa, Manny, or Nomar. I would be happy with anybody but Sosa.

Sorry man, but if they get any of those three it'll be Sosa.

Oh god no... signing Sosa would be the stupidest thing this team could do. So it'll probably happen X-I

Yeah, this season's probably going to hurt, especially because it looks like the Dodgers and Giants are stepping up their teams this offseason while we twiddle our thumbs.

But we do have some very promising young guys coming up in the organization now at least. Give us a couple more years, a few good trades, and a little luck. ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -167)

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:39 pm

Anyone else think Sosa retires? I think he's done. He and Raffy both.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -23)

Postby stumpak » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:36 pm

The team has a glut of young OFs. The only thing I see them doing is maybe signing Sosa on the cheap to help put fannies in the seats while they rebuild. That would be their rationale, but in my opinion this is still a stupid waste of money.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -5)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers