Return to Baseball Leftovers

Red Sox discussing Clemens

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby djacks » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:54 pm

Timmy K just reported on sportscenter that Clemens is deciding between retirement, returning to the Astros on May 1st or possibly sigining with the Rangers. Timmy thinks he will return to the Astros but does not expect a decision for a couple of months.
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:57 pm

El Gaupo wrote:
Yoda wrote:
El Gaupo wrote:
bceagles04 wrote:As a sox fan, him coming to beantown woudl be so incredible...finally give fans a real goodbye...what happened in the mid 90's with the Sox and Clemens was real ugly, for him to come back would be great! He could end his career with his true colors!

as a sox fan I would like to see him go f#@K himself

Good attitude. Clemens would help your team more than anyone else and you'd rather see him go f himself.

Yes, I would. I would perfer that they bring in a SS, CF and RP. I think they would be more helpful.

You'll be singing a different tune when Schilling and Beckett are back on the DL.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:21 pm

Speaking to an audience last night, Roger Clemens said he'd consider signing with the Astros, Rangers, Red Sox or Yankees should he elect to return.
"It's the same players, it's Houston, Texas, New York and Boston," Clemens said. "I love all those places, they have great players that I respect very much." As if he was going to say anything else. Clemens will make a decision on his future in late January or early February. Dec. 16 - 1:52 pm et
Source: MLB.com

:-?
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -296)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:31 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
Speaking to an audience last night, Roger Clemens said he'd consider signing with the Astros, Rangers, Red Sox or Yankees should he elect to return.
"It's the same players, it's Houston, Texas, New York and Boston," Clemens said. "I love all those places, they have great players that I respect very much." As if he was going to say anything else. Clemens will make a decision on his future in late January or early February. Dec. 16 - 1:52 pm et
Source: MLB.com

:-?

Madison must be dancing at the 1/4 chance that the Rangers could have Clemens :-D

seriously though, I don't think he'll go anywhere else than Houston. I mean, come on, your kid is in the organization and money shouldn't be a problem, right?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -246)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers