Return to Baseball Leftovers

BB51 Rankings: 1B/3B

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

BB51 Rankings: 1B/3B

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:57 pm

**These rankings have since been updated. Please see page 3 for these current rankings. Thank you.**
Last edited by BronXBombers51 on Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -296)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:03 pm

you might want to move ryan howard and Helton up a tier.

But i agree for the most part. ;-D
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -397)

Postby thedude » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:13 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:I would move Ortiz up to Tier 1. Is he at Tier 2 because of the possible trade of Manny?

I don't know Ortiz, though extremely good, does not put quite the same numbers as Pojuls. Both will give plenty of Homeruns, RBIs, and Runs, but Pojuls will hit about 20-40 points higher in batting average.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -397)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:30 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:David Ortiz

Homeruns - 47
RBI's - 148
Runs - 119
AVG - .300

Albert Pujols

Homeruns - 41
RBI's - 117
Runs - 129
AVG - .330

To me, those stats are very similar. The huge difference in RBI's and the slight difference in homeruns makes up for the other categories that Pujols led.

I really do not expect to have the same season. I think his numbers will be closer to Teixeira and company, rather than Pujols. That's why I have him ranked in that tier.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -296)

Postby killercars » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:43 pm

fb.

add berkman to tier 3...
move howard into tier 3...
move shelton into tier 5...
move d.johnson into tier 6

tb.

tier 1.5 = does miggy steal 20 bags??? otherwise i agree...
tier 2.5 = for some reason i don't like chavez as much as the other 3 in group 2.
move chipper up into tier 3

and add zimmerman into tier 5/6... i kinda like him a little this year... even though he hits in wash.

jhonny
killercars
College Coach
College Coach

Postby daullaz » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:43 pm

Helton showed signs of returning to his old self late in the season. I think at the very least he should be moved up into Tier 3. Remember, he's still a Rockie.

Justin Morneau was the victim of injury in 2005; I think he reverts to numbers that will approach 2004 and should be moved up a tier.

Arizona has stated that their first base prospect (I can't ever remember which one's Jackson and which one's Quentin) will get most of the time at 1B, so I would eliminate Tony Clark from the list completely. Maybe put Prince Fielder in his spot?

If you're going to acknowledge the difference between Pujols and the others at 1B, I think Rodriguez deserves to be in Tier 1 by himself, with Cabrera manning Tier 2 alone.

With a low average in 2005, Hank Blalock put up Glaus-type numbers (though his AVG wasn't quite as low) and I think Blalock should be lowered a tier, especially with his name in trade discussions.

On the other side, I think Figgins brings enough at three categories to be ranked ahead a tier with Ensberg. I also think Chipper Jones should be up a tier, but I can understand the concern about his age and his skills possibly deteriorating and him having a higher probability of injury than the young guys.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -627)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers