Return to Baseball Leftovers

BB51 Rankings: 1B/3B

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby cordscords » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:47 pm

Helton at #9 is too low. I have him at #4 or #5 trying to figure out if I like him or D-Lee better.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Knicks4ever » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:13 pm

I would move haftner down into the top of tier 3, imo he doesnt belong with texiera, ortiz and lee

I would also move blalock up one tier
Knicks4ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kentx12 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:24 pm

I would either move Teixeira into teir 1 or move Lee out of teir 2 because there is no way they belong togeather.
There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -46)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:26 pm

kentx12 wrote:I would either move Teixeira into teir 1 or move Lee out of teir 2 because there is no way they belong togeather.

Yeah, I will probably move Teixiera up. Have Pujols ranked 2 on my top 100, and Teix 3, and not having them in the same tier, doesn't make much sense. !+)
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -296)

Postby daullaz » Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:27 pm

Knicks4ever wrote:I would move haftner down into the top of tier 3, imo he doesnt belong with texiera, ortiz and lee

I would also move blalock up one tier

Disagree. Hafner will put up Ortiz-like numbers this year, and deserve to be in the top two tiers.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -627)

Postby cody4548 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:52 pm

Where's Gibbons? Am I missing something? He looks like a Tier 5 guy to me. Any thoughts?
"You have to be a man before you can be a gentleman, and pilgrim you miss on both counts." The Duke
cody4548
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ender » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:59 am

Move Dunn up a tier, with casey gone he'll bat higher in the lineup and he walks enough to counter some of what you lose with his lower average. He's just now hitting his stride at age 27 and has hit 86 HR over the past 2 years and is a pretty elite club as one of the few players who has had 100R and 100RBI each of the past 2 years.

If you don't want to do that than move Hafner down a tier as he's not even 1B eligible(this is a huge strike against him being utility only) and even though I think he'll play more this year he still sits vs lefties and will get less playtime than most 1B.

There is no way you can put Ensberg a tier above Blalock. Ensberg may have been better last year but Blalock blows him away in 3 year average, is 5 years younger than him and is in a better lineup.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers