Return to Baseball Leftovers

BB51 Rankings: RP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby El Gaupo » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:11 pm

My initial point was that K-Rod is a teir 1 RP ...True I probably overstated Riveria demise Like Clemmons he's gotten better with age.

Career stats

Rivera 806 IP 2.33 ERA 1.05 WHIP 728K

K-Rod 243 IP 2.44 ERA 1.03 WHIP 322K

Not as far off as you might think. The K rate is much higher with K-Rod and he has youth on his side.
El Gaupo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:22 pm

El Gaupo wrote:My initial point was that K-Rod is a teir 1 RP ...True I probably overstated Riveria demise Like Clemmons he's gotten better with age.

Career stats

Rivera 806 IP 2.33 ERA 1.05 WHIP 728K

K-Rod 243 IP 2.44 ERA 1.03 WHIP 322K

Not as far off as you might think. The K rate is much higher with K-Rod and he has youth on his side.

If you wanted to say K-Rod is a Tier 1 closer then I wouldn't argue with you. He's great. The part that I disagreed with was that he's the best closer in real life. Not only would I take Rivera over him, but probably a couple others as well.

If you want to talk about who's going to be better after both of their careers are over, that's a completely different topic. I'm strictly talking about right now. I don't think K-Rod is the best in real life or fantasy currently.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -296)

RP

Postby diesel99xx » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:21 am

Yes, In real MLB Rivera is the best, prob best ever, In Fantasy though KROD should be in the same tier as Mariano. Like many have said,
RIvera
KROD
LIDGE

Should all be in Tier 1, Gagne I guess could be in tier 2 at the highest because of the uncertainty around his arm. Only similar elite closers should be in tier 2 with him like Wagner,Nathan etc.....Pretty high k rate guys with low era and whip.
diesel99xx
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers