Return to Baseball Leftovers

Now it's Abreu for Tejada!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby giants8307 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:41 am

Rubidium wrote:
giants8307 wrote:
PinotResa wrote:Abreu, Utley and Thome would really benefit from having a righty who makes a lot of contact with decent power, don't you think?

If Tejada hits in that little park Philly has you could safely bump his home runs, right?

What if he hit them out of there like he did in Houston at the All-Star game?

Thome was traded to the white sox. But if tejada is traded to the phils, his fantasy value would surely rise.

How much better is CBP than Camden Yards? That's a serious question...I really don't know. I thought Camden was a big hitter's park too.

I thought so too, but an Orioles fan posted some stats the other day to prove that theory wrong. It's pretty average, apparently.
giants8307
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby giants8307 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:42 am

PinotResa wrote:Abreu, Utley and Thome would really benefit from having a righty who makes a lot of contact with decent power, don't you think?

If Tejada hits in that little park Philly has you could safely bump his home runs, right?

By the way, welcome to the cafe!
giants8307
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby hyacinth » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:04 am

Brett myers would definitely be too much with Abreu, but Abreu + Floyd is definitely a great deal for the Phillies, regardless of whether they flip Tejada for Prior.

Guys, Gavin Floyd didn't just fall off the tracks last season, he ran off a cliff into the Grand Canyon and blew up. While he may ultimately straighten out and become a good pitcher, he won't be great ... his K/9 figures in minor league ball foretell that.

In the mean time, the Phillies now have 3 pitchers who are arguably better prospects - Hamels, Gio Gonzalez, and Dan Haigwood. They can spare Floyd and go with their rotation now while Hamels gets ready, esp if it means getting a "real 3b" (amazing what we'll do to get rid of Bell) who's actually a SS but whatever.

And yes, don't forget Abreu is a great player, but with Rowand, Burrell, and Michaels/whatever in the OF, and Tejada-Rollins-Utley-Howard in the IF, I think it's a more fun team than they've had in a long long time.

That said, this trade'll never happen b/c it's Philly.

There are no steroids in baseball. Just players Chuck Norris has breathed on.
hyacinth
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Slow Pitch » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:11 pm

Uh Thome no longer on the Phils & Abreu would be in the trade & no longer a Phillie.

:-°
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:14 pm

giants8307 wrote:
Rubidium wrote:
giants8307 wrote:

Thome was traded to the white sox. But if tejada is traded to the phils, his fantasy value would surely rise.

How much better is CBP than Camden Yards? That's a serious question...I really don't know. I thought Camden was a big hitter's park too.

I thought so too, but an Orioles fan posted some stats the other day to prove that theory wrong. It's pretty average, apparently.

I thought it as well. Did they change the dimensions or was it just never a big hitters park? All that I've read and heard suggests that it was a big hitters ballpark. :-?

Regardless, Tejada's value would increase because of the lineup around him in Philly. He'd be bumped into my list of first round selections and Abreu would likely be bumped out.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -296)

Postby ThatDude » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:36 pm

hyacinth wrote:Brett myers would definitely be too much with Abreu, but Abreu + Floyd is definitely a great deal for the Phillies, regardless of whether they flip Tejada for Prior.

i dont see any chance of that happening, and id prefer it that way.

Hendry wouldnt do a Prior for Tejada straight up deal with the O's, and theres no reason to think anything changes with Philly, especially since Prior would now stay in the NL.

Philly would have to add in a starter that the Cubs could use in place of Prior. Tejada+Myers for Prior might get me slightly interested, but no moreso than Tejada+Bedard did.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -10)

Postby Rubidium » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:01 am

Well, chances are good Philly won't be acquiring him now, since he said he won't move to third base, and took back his trade demand.
Rubidium
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Music2004Man » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:21 am

That's a shame. I was looking forward to the opportunity of possibly getting Prior.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers