Return to Baseball Leftovers

Scoop on Joey Gaithright?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: ...

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:31 pm

AmishRakeFight2005 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:no hustle, heart, or desire for the game of baseball.

I disagree with you completely. After working with the Durham Bulls for three seasons, Joey Gathright (and Matt Diaz) is one of the hardest working guys in baseball. I guess its easy to make judgement calls about people while you lie on your couch eating nachos.

Your remarks could be better suited for a guy like Manny Ramirez.

Nice job analyzing me, but anyways, I have been to about 20 Bulls games over the last year and a half and I just can't see how anybody can possibly say that Gathright is one of the hardest working guys in baseball. He was just flat out lazy at every ball game I went and seen them play. Now maybe in the 240 games you were there, you saw something different then I did in 20 games, but I will say it is kind of hard to believe that he was only lazy and arrogant acting during the 20 games I seen him. Nothing would please me more then to see the Drays trade him off for a bucket of balls, new pitching machine, or even some cushions for the seats. :-D
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -786)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Marlins#1 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:33 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
warrick95 wrote:I'm guessing he'll go to Florida. They have too many pitching prospects anyway and can afford to let one go. If it's Scott Olsen as it's being rumored, I'll be thrilled.

You and me both, but I think Florida will need their head examined if they trade a top pitching prospect in Olsen for some steals in Gathright.

There is no chance the marlins are gona trade away Olsen, hes going to be Marlins #2 pitcher this season... They will not trade him for a avg. player like gathright ;-7
Last edited by Marlins#1 on Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marlins#1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:33 pm

I disagree with you completely. After working with the Durham Bulls for three seasons, Joey Gathright (and Matt Diaz) is one of the hardest working guys in baseball. I guess its easy to make judgement calls about people while you lie on your couch eating nachos.

This kind of stuff is frowned upon, and sticks out like a sore thumb, limiting what attention, if any, is paid to the rest of your post, as accurate, thought out, planned, or otherwise that it may be. You're better off leaving that kind of garbage on the playground (not literally; just an expression).
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby Marlins#1 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:00 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
Marlins#1 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:
warrick95 wrote:I'm guessing he'll go to Florida. They have too many pitching prospects anyway and can afford to let one go. If it's Scott Olsen as it's being rumored, I'll be thrilled.

You and me both, but I think Florida will need their head examined if they trade a top pitching prospect in Olsen for some steals in Gathright.

There is no chance the marlins are gona trade away Olsen, hes going to be Marlins #2 pitcher this season... They will not trade him for a avg. player like gathright ;-7

Marlins - Put the Jags bag on since you lost the PBC. ;-D

And I wouldnt consider anyone off limits for the Marlins.

That was one horrible game. First half was good, second half, couldnt even watch :-t

And I wouldnt consider anyone off limits for the Marlins.

This team is building to win in 2009. They will never trade a young gun like olson away for garbage. Im pretty sure they rather have Reed in CF, then trade away Olson for a below avg. MLB player.
Marlins#1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AmishRakeFight2005 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:10 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:

Nice job analyzing me, but anyways, I have been to about 20 Bulls games over the last year and a half and I just can't see how anybody can possibly say that Gathright is one of the hardest working guys in baseball. He was just flat out lazy at every ball game I went and seen them play. Now maybe in the 240 games you were there, you saw something different then I did in 20 games, but I will say it is kind of hard to believe that he was only lazy and arrogant acting during the 20 games I seen him. Nothing would please me more then to see the Drays trade him off for a bucket of balls, new pitching machine, or even some cushions for the seats. :-D

As you said, you sat in the stands watching twenty games.

I wasn't trying to insult you directly, I was just pointing out it is easy to make assumptions from the sidelines.

Insult retracted. Apologies offered.
Amish Rake Fight 2005, 2007 Northern Lights Baseball Champs
AmishRakeFight2005
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -28)

Postby AmishRakeFight2005 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:11 pm

bigh0rt wrote:

This kind of stuff is frowned upon, and sticks out like a sore thumb, limiting what attention, if any, is paid to the rest of your post, as accurate, thought out, planned, or otherwise that it may be. You're better off leaving that kind of garbage on the playground (not literally; just an expression).

Understood. Apologies offered.
Amish Rake Fight 2005, 2007 Northern Lights Baseball Champs
AmishRakeFight2005
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -28)

Postby Marlins#1 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:11 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Well, I wouldnt consider Gathright complete garbage, he could become a very solid CF replacement for Pierre. I do not know their farm system in depth, but if they are lacking in prospects for CF they could perhaps entertain this trade.

Even though the Jags game was bad (for the Jags at least), you will wear the bag right? Preferably till next Monday since you should have had it in the avatar on Saturday.

Ill wear it, but thats for the NFL forum ie. this is baseball...

Also,Olson will never be in talks with the rays, maybe if the rays ask ;-7 But the marlins are trying to trade there 10 to 12 ranked pitching prospects for gathright... Not there number 1...
Marlins#1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Broncmet724 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:19 pm

Joey Gathright fantasy wise reminds me of Alex Sanchez
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -20)

PreviousNext