Return to Baseball Leftovers

Unsportsmanlike Conduct

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Unsportsmanlike Conduct

Postby thedude » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:29 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
bellings wrote:This is just generally related to sports, not specifically baseball. Sean Taylor (Redskins) was fined $17,000 for spitting in another player's face, but NOT suspended. I realize that football players don't get as many games as baseball players, so a 1-game suspension is a lot, but how could they not suspend him at all? This isn't like managers arguing with umps where you can see some spray coming from both mouths, he intentionally spit in the guys face right in from of the ref. At least he got ejected.

Can you imagine if Varitek would of hacked a big one in A-Rods face? I think that MLB would have handled it differently.

I guess you've forgotten the Robbie Alomar incident?

How about Carl Everett?
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -397)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:31 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Was he with the Indians or the Orioles? I thought I remembered it happening at the Orioles park, but I could be wrong.

No, I'm pretty sure the game was played at SkyDome. I think Alomar was an Oriole after his time with the Jays, the Indians came later in his career.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:32 pm

mweir145 wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Was he with the Indians or the Orioles? I thought I remembered it happening at the Orioles park, but I could be wrong.

No, I'm pretty sure the game was played at SkyDome. I think Alomar was an Oriole after his time with the Jays, the Indians came later in his career.

I'm not sure where he was, but I'm 99% sure he was an Oriole when he spit.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -296)

Postby nikku88 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:35 pm

Different expectations. I think the NFL is fairly happy if their players aren't committing felonies.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Postby mweir145 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:37 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

Yeah, didn't the Orioles make the playoffs that season? And I think baseball allowed him to play in them, but then suspended him for 6 games or something in the next year. That's why there was a huge controversy. I forgot about it all.. :-[
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:09 pm

mweir145 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

Yeah, didn't the Orioles make the playoffs that season? And I think baseball allowed him to play in them, but then suspended him for 6 games or something in the next year. That's why there was a huge controversy. I forgot about it all.. :-[

That's right. He was suspended, but appealed. They allowed him to play throughout the playoffs, and then serve the suspension at the start of the next season.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: -47)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers