Return to Baseball Leftovers

O's sign three difference makers.......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RAmst23 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:05 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Didn't Tatis hit 2 grandslams in the same inning for the cards?
Yep. Off the one and only Chan Ho Park.

One of the greatest games I've ever watched. It was the classic "He wouldn't do it again, would he?" If anyone started Tatis in fantasy baseball on that day... well, congratulations to you sir.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:09 pm

tatis did indeed hit two grand slams in one inning for the birds. his problem was discipline. he got injured (groin) and when he came back he was fat and out of shape. noting that chicks dig the long ball (and possibly because mcgwire was hurting?) he started was swinging for the fences on every pitch. that got him packaged with britt rheames for steve kline and dustin hermanson. i am pretty sure he got some more injuries with the expos and has been bouncing around in venezualan/mexico leagues since.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -292)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:03 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:tatis did indeed hit two grand slams in one inning for the birds. his problem was discipline. he got injured (groin) and when he came back he was fat and out of shape. noting that chicks dig the long ball (and possibly because mcgwire was hurting?) he started was swinging for the fences on every pitch. that got him packaged with britt rheames for steve kline and dustin hermanson. i am pretty sure he got some more injuries with the expos and has been bouncing around in venezualan/mexico leagues since.

wow yer like a baseball encylopedia ;-D Bravo ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:12 pm

Besides AAA is where you stash replacement level major leaguers, not where you put your prime prospects.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: -47)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers