Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Big Tiex » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:26 pm

bay seems like a good fit there :-?
Big Tiex
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:05 pm

If Ben Sheets is #2 in the cy young race and wins' 16 games I think he'll end up being on the strike out leader board...

In general your numbers are all too high.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Postby LiveForever » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:05 pm

Pedantic wrote:So, if the Giants beat the Brewers in seven games in the NLCS, how exactly do the Indians beat the Brewers in seven games in the World Series? :-b

Its really quiet simple. Barry Bonds hit 11 homeruns and had 26 RBIs in the NLCS and then tests positive for steroids. Bud decides that the one man team must be punished and puts HIS team in the fall classic. Duh.
"If you look long enough for an argument against reason, you will find it" ~Moneyball

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness
LiveForever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -4)

Postby Belle4Hall88 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:07 pm

thanks for all the input. As for the Lofton/Conine thing, well Lofton hit .335 last year and he still looks like he is a decent player even if he lost a few steps. And for Conine, I am just a fan of his. I have seen him play live dozens of times and watch him on T.V. all the time. The guy can flat out hit. He hit .304 last year and I think at Camden Yards he should put up around the same #'s.
Belle4Hall88 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -6)

beltre

Postby liv4socr20 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:19 pm

im most surprised about your predictions with beltre gomes pena hitting 35 hr's. Do you really think beltre is going to have a bounceback year? What about for the rest of his numbers and the numbers for the other 2. I think the numbers in general are a little high also but its an interesting list.
Only 2 things are certain in life...... death and Albert Pujols
liv4socr20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby George_Foreman » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:48 pm

You really think TWO teams from the NL East are going to beat Atlanta this year?

Well, that might make sense, considering it looks like you've got Smoltz's arm falling off included in your predictions.

Anyhow, way to lay it out there, man. I appreciate your optimisms on Kinsler and Holliday. My keeper squad needs 'em to produce. :-b
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -9)

Postby go_jays_go » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:55 pm

Carlos Pena deserves to be picked in the first round!?

Not in my drafts he's gonna hit 35 HR. :-°
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -710)

Postby Belle4Hall88 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:56 pm

I got Smoltz like 4th or 5th in ERA Foreman. To answer the qustions about Beltre/Pena/Gomes...

I have a feeling about Beltre. It' just a feeling. I thought he would have a very disapointing season last year moving to Seattle and such, but now I think he is a little more adjusted. Anyway I don't think he is going to be an MVP candidate or anything, but I see a .270-35-100 season from him.

For Carlos Pena, he was one of the hottest players the second half of last season. If he played the full 162 games I think his HR would of projected to come out to 44 or so. I know he hit 18 in like 60 some games. If he gets the ABs, I think he is going to finally bust out and put up the same numbers as Beltre.

And Johnny Gomes, I know my opinon on him is different that many others. I watch 90% of the games the D-Rays play just because I love watching their young team. And Gomes if foreal. He is going to start full time this year, and I see something like .263-35-110-14.

Also, I meant to type Brewers over Giants. That's just a typo.
Belle4Hall88 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -6)

Postby moochman » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:03 am

Belle4Hall88 wrote:For Carlos Pena, he was one of the hottest players the second half of last season. If he played the full 162 games I think his HR would of projected to come out to 44 or so. I know he hit 18 in like 60 some games. If he gets the ABs, I think he is going to finally bust out and put up the same numbers as Beltre.

Pena is a mirage. It's not that he doesn't have the power, he does. But he is a second half player. He sucked so bad the last two seasons that in '04 he was almost sent down to the minors, and last year he was. He is way too streaky and has too much competition to stay in the line-up long enough to reach those numbers. Now if you had projected Chris Shelton to hit 35 dingers...
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -369)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby djacks » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:48 am

How does Roy Halladay pitch enough innings to win 21 games but not get at least 172 K's...??? :-?
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -9)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers