Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is this overkill?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is this overkill?

Postby kemper5 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:19 pm

Ive worked hard and got together 4 different sets projections (Baseball Notebook,Rototimes,Zips and Rotospin) for each position on an excel spreadsheet to compare what each site has in store for each position.. It's one heck of alot of numbers to look at throughout 8 pages worth.. Too much overkill to compare 4 sites? Im in a high $$ 16 team HTH league and just want to be prepared..
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tgalv » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:22 pm

probably not as long as you have some type of rankings you're going to draft by, either written down or in your head. that stuff is helpful but probably not so much when it's your turn to pick and you're playing 52 cheatsheet pickup on your desk.
tgalv
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BGbootha » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:22 pm

huh, you are no where near overkill for some of hte people on this site, you should see some of teh spreadsheets that Amazinz has put together over the years.

I don't know how long i spent last year working with excel and then Amazinz got me into incorporating Microsoft access and my life is now gone to numbers and well I don't really get out much for the next two months or so.
[
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -20)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:18 am

4 sites? Not overkill at all. We've got a thread around here that's got averages of over 10 sites on it. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Re: Is this overkill?

Postby BigLebowski » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:19 am

kemper5 wrote:Ive worked hard and got together 4 different sets projections (Baseball Notebook,Rototimes,Zips and Rotospin) for each position on an excel spreadsheet to compare what each site has in store for each position.. It's one heck of alot of numbers to look at throughout 8 pages worth.. Too much overkill to compare 4 sites? Im in a high $$ 16 team HTH league and just want to be prepared..

4 sets of projections is small time. Especially here at the cafe.

You'd actually do yourself a favor by spending most of your time here, and just using those "other" sites for research, and reference.

If it's high $ fantasy, you are probably not spending enough time in preparing if that is all you are looking at. I look at more than that for a free league. WOW I need a life.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -8)

Postby Thursday » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:23 am

Wow, 4 sources?

You should see my spreadsheet. Not only have i projected every team's 4 keepers on each and every team, as well as pages of notes as to who and how i am going to pick, but i've compared close to 15 sources for average draft spots.

4? Yeah, it's okay to use more. :-b
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers