Return to Baseball Leftovers

Does anyone have sp and 3b rankings by tiers?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RynMan » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:36 pm

In alot of the rankings I have seen, Troy Glaus is being extremely undervalued. The guy hit 30+ HR's last season. I stayed away from him due to injuries. This season he has the DH to fall back on if he has shoulder problems.

I would also take Tracy over Cantu.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -227)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:52 pm

RynMan wrote:In alot of the rankings I have seen, Troy Glaus is being extremely undervalued. The guy hit 30+ HR's last season. I stayed away from him due to injuries. This season he has the DH to fall back on if he has shoulder problems.

Glaus is fine in the middle rounds if you need a power boost but there's no way he jumps up to the upper echelon of 3Bs with his average. It almost offsets his great homerun totals. He's a poor man's Adam Dunn, without dual eligibility.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -296)

Postby RynMan » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:23 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
RynMan wrote:In alot of the rankings I have seen, Troy Glaus is being extremely undervalued. The guy hit 30+ HR's last season. I stayed away from him due to injuries. This season he has the DH to fall back on if he has shoulder problems.

Glaus is fine in the middle rounds if you need a power boost but there's no way he jumps up to the upper echelon of 3Bs with his average. It almost offsets his great homerun totals. He's a poor man's Adam Dunn, without dual eligibility.

True. He is more valuable in OPS leagues however, which is probably why he is higher on my draft list (we play OPS aswell). Reminds me alot of Richie Sexson. I would personally take him over Rolen this year based on where he will be drafted. I think Rolen will hit 25HR, .290AVG, where as Glaus will hit 40HR, .260AVG.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:33 pm

RynMan wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

True. He is more valuable in OPS leagues however, which is probably why he is higher on my draft list (we play OPS aswell). Reminds me alot of Richie Sexson. I would personally take him over Rolen this year based on where he will be drafted. I think Rolen will hit 25HR, .290AVG, where as Glaus will hit 40HR, .260AVG.

Good point. I actually just found out that my league will be adding OPS to our stat categories this year but I have not altered my rankings to reflect that yet. I'm sure I'll find many differences once I go compare players.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RynMan » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:46 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:Good point. I actually just found out that my league will be adding OPS to our stat categories this year but I have not altered my rankings to reflect that yet. I'm sure I'll find many differences once I go compare players.

Bump up Dunn in the 1B rankings too. :-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:53 pm

RynMan wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:Good point. I actually just found out that my league will be adding OPS to our stat categories this year but I have not altered my rankings to reflect that yet. I'm sure I'll find many differences once I go compare players.

Bump up Dunn in the 1B rankings too. :-D

Will do. :-b
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:54 pm

WittyC wrote:I don't feel like taking up the whole thread with a quote, but... :*)

Love the 3B rankings, BB... though Chad Tracy doesn't have elgibility, at least in Yahoo!

I don't understand even ranking Figgins, Cantu or Lowell... they have 2B eligibility. I guess I see this all the time, but I just have trouble comprehending it.

I don't see Rolen as a tier ahead of anyone in the fifth tier.

The pitching looks good, too... though I haven't done mine yet, so I have nothing to compare it to.

Tracy is expected to be the startting 3B this year, so he'll have eligibility early in the year, depending on how your league determines eligibility.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: -47)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers