Return to Baseball Leftovers

Crisp

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Crisp

Postby Zito is God » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:24 pm

At this point I see people either very high or very low on him.

He is either a fluke who will crumble under Boston pressure, or he is a break out player who will thrive under a better lineup around him then the Indians.
Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Broncmet724 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:27 pm

It wouldn't surprise me to see him struggle some offensively having to play a new position in the field as well as the pressure of playing in Boston
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -20)

Postby Pokey » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:04 am

Now I'm a redsox fan, so I'm biased, but I think he'll excel. He's a great fastball hitter, so being in front of the Sox big boppers he should really rake.
Pokey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:11 am

Put me in the middle. Before Christmas I was saying the guy was under-rated, not he seems to be over-hyped. He'll top 100 runs batting leadoff and might be able to hit 20 HR in Fenway, but I'm not convinced his RBI will increase and I don't think he'll top 20 SB on the Red Sox. I expect about the same numbers as last year with an increase in runs.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -946)

Postby RynMan » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:32 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:Put me in the middle. Before Christmas I was saying the guy was under-rated, not he seems to be over-hyped. He'll top 100 runs batting leadoff and might be able to hit 20 HR in Fenway, but I'm not convinced his RBI will increase and I don't think he'll top 20 SB on the Red Sox. I expect about the same numbers as last year with an increase in runs.

I'm in the same boat.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -227)

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:02 am

I'm going to stay up on him. I don't think I've ever seen a player who's pre/ post allstar stats are so close. While I agree w/ the theory that that doesn't really matter, the fact that they are SO consistent and I've never really run into anyone else that close seems to say something. What I'm not sure but I think that it's worth taking a statistical anomaly like that into consideration.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6983/splits;_ylt=AikmfHUxGrKJunaDmFfu0IOFCLcF

the Orioles and Toronto did seem to befuddle him though... :-? :-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -18)

Postby thedude » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:20 am

Crisp is kinda weird (and here is something PECOTA doesn't use unless im wrong about the uber secert BP formula) because one year he hits 325 from the left and 275 from the right. The next year he hits 325 from the right and 275 from the left. If he could ever figure out how to hit 325 from both sides... :-D
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -397)

Return to Baseball Leftovers