Return to Baseball Leftovers

Javy Lopez to DH

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Javy Lopez to DH

Postby stikmata » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:10 pm

are they also moving him down in the batting order?... he batting like .130 something and isn't getting it done at first base... is he still going to get as many ABs as predicted? and more importantly, is he even going to do anything productive with those chances?
stikmata
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tds1273 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:25 pm

As a Javy owner Im thrilled about this. His numbers are down right now because he has spent so much time trying to learn how to play first. Granted he doesnt like just being the DH but at least now he can worry about his hitting again.

I dont know how this would lower his ABs though, maybe someone else can help you there, and enlighten me as well. I would expect his averages and ratios to be about the same as his career numbers, maybe down a little due to him getting older but I would expect his AB to go up.
tds1273
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:49 pm

tds1273 wrote:As a Javy owner Im thrilled about this. His numbers are down right now because he has spent so much time trying to learn how to play first. Granted he doesnt like just being the DH but at least now he can worry about his hitting again.

I dont know how this would lower his ABs though, maybe someone else can help you there, and enlighten me as well. I would expect his averages and ratios to be about the same as his career numbers, maybe down a little due to him getting older but I would expect his AB to go up.

YEah he is now going to DH/backup catcher. He might move to first l8r in the year.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -397)

Postby The Jury » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:09 pm

Yeah he's gotta DH for a bit and get his bat going. I took him as my catcher with one of the big influences being... "The guy is an American League DH - he's GOT to have a bat that can provide some pop!"
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)

Return to Baseball Leftovers