Return to Baseball Leftovers

The latest from Baker on Prior...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The latest from Baker on Prior...

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:00 pm

I do not know whether I should laugh at him or Prior owners more.
Which really means...you will be lucky to see him in June.

Rotoworld:
Cubs manager Dusty Baker suggested Thursday that he sees Mark Prior being "five, six weeks behind."
Prior, who played catch again yesterday and had no problems, didn't think he was starting completely over after taking two weeks off with a strained muscle in his right shoulder. Baker seems to feel differently, so it looks like Prior has little chance of pitching in the majors during April
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9473
(Past Year: -58)
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:03 pm

That Prior for Tejada rumor looks pretty good right about now as I knew it would.

Prior/Wood=:-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :~(
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 10960
(Past Year: -23)
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bleachers at Wrigley Field

Postby stikmata » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:11 pm

on the bright side, they don't seem to be in a hurry to rush him back... it's possible he hits the mound in the early summer and puts up huge numbers for the rest of the season... or at least a couple of months

*fingers crossed*

:-o
stikmata
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 176
Joined: 16 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RAmst23 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:21 pm

Well... yea this sucks. I took Prior in a couple leagues because he fell to round 5 or so (This was before he had a ST injury). Was happy to have him in that round as an ace, not so much anymore :-o
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1978
(Past Year: -8)
Joined: 6 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sitting on the steps of Busch Stadium

Postby Yoda » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:13 pm

June if he doesn't have a setback.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21191
(Past Year: -153)
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Thursday » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:22 pm

stikmata wrote:on the bright side, they don't seem to be in a hurry to rush him back... it's possible he hits the mound in the early summer and puts up huge numbers for the rest of the season... or at least a couple of months

*fingers crossed*

:-o


Ya know something, though? Don't hold your breath. Prior is never ever going to be healthy again. I purposely avoided him in my draft, even when i could get a sweet deal on him.

Wood and Prior will not live up to the talents that they have... it almost makes me feel sorry for them.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2257
(Past Year: -1)
Joined: 28 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stikmata » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:15 am

Thursday wrote:
stikmata wrote:on the bright side, they don't seem to be in a hurry to rush him back... it's possible he hits the mound in the early summer and puts up huge numbers for the rest of the season... or at least a couple of months

*fingers crossed*

:-o


Ya know something, though? Don't hold your breath. Prior is never ever going to be healthy again. I purposely avoided him in my draft, even when i could get a sweet deal on him.

Wood and Prior will not live up to the talents that they have... it almost makes me feel sorry for them.


it's really waaay to early to say that... i could just not pass when it got to the 12 round... even if he only pitches 100 innings, they'll still be quality innings
stikmata
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 176
Joined: 16 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The latest from Baker on Prior...

Postby MotorCityKitties » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:47 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:I do not know whether I should laugh at him or Prior owners more.
Which really means...you will be lucky to see him in June.

Rotoworld:
Cubs manager Dusty Baker suggested Thursday that he sees Mark Prior being "five, six weeks behind."
Prior, who played catch again yesterday and had no problems, didn't think he was starting completely over after taking two weeks off with a strained muscle in his right shoulder. Baker seems to feel differently, so it looks like Prior has little chance of pitching in the majors during April


Baker has established himself as an idiot before and this news does suck, but it contradicts a lot of the other stories on Prior. Check out the prior thread in the injuries forum. There's one blurb saying that Prior is progressing quickly.
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1359
(Past Year: -12)
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The latest from Baker on Prior...

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:57 pm

MotorCityKitties wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:I do not know whether I should laugh at him or Prior owners more.
Which really means...you will be lucky to see him in June.

Rotoworld:
Cubs manager Dusty Baker suggested Thursday that he sees Mark Prior being "five, six weeks behind."
Prior, who played catch again yesterday and had no problems, didn't think he was starting completely over after taking two weeks off with a strained muscle in his right shoulder. Baker seems to feel differently, so it looks like Prior has little chance of pitching in the majors during April


Baker has established himself as an idiot before and this news does suck, but it contradicts a lot of the other stories on Prior. Check out the prior thread in the injuries forum. There's one blurb saying that Prior is progressing quickly.



If anything Baker would babble in favor of an early return, not a more pessimistic one. Either way youl ook at it and given the record of the Cubs management about bold-faced lieing wrt injuries, I would not bet on seeing Prior before late May at the earliest.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9473
(Past Year: -58)
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The latest from Baker on Prior...

Postby TurdFerguson » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:00 pm

MotorCityKitties wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:I do not know whether I should laugh at him or Prior owners more.
Which really means...you will be lucky to see him in June.

Rotoworld:
Cubs manager Dusty Baker suggested Thursday that he sees Mark Prior being "five, six weeks behind."
Prior, who played catch again yesterday and had no problems, didn't think he was starting completely over after taking two weeks off with a strained muscle in his right shoulder. Baker seems to feel differently, so it looks like Prior has little chance of pitching in the majors during April


Baker has established himself as an idiot before and this news does suck, but it contradicts a lot of the other stories on Prior. Check out the prior thread in the injuries forum. There's one blurb saying that Prior is progressing quickly.
Thats exactly what I was thinking.I think he will be back sooner than expected
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 979
(Past Year: -15)
Joined: 20 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests