Return to Baseball Leftovers

is there anything wrong with this???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

is there anything wrong with this???

Postby mpw82 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:01 pm

A guy in my league accepted a trade, My hafner and t. hunter for his D. Lee. Which IMO is not vetoable. I get a message telling me it has been vetoed by the league. When I get home, I had an IM from the guy saying he didnt want the deal anymore, but it was already accepted. So he went to others in the league and got them to veto the trade.

I think it is fair and not terribly upset the trade didnt happen, but is this wrong to do?
mpw82
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:03 pm

buyer's remorse is no excuse for veto. collusion, accidental acceptance, or extreme lopsided are the only excuses for veto. not much you can do about it though. i doubt you can force him to accept the trade now.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -292)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:08 pm

You are better off without that deal imo.

I woul dnot sweat it one way or the other. And if it is a voting league, then anythng goes and you do not have to agree with their reasons any more than they have to agree with yours. That is the price you pay for not having a commish do it.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)

Postby mpw82 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:31 pm

I think the trade could go either way, havner was hurting me not having 1b elgibility. But i just had a problem with him getting 3 of his buddies to veto a trade (we all know of each other, play in multiple leagues together, mostly his buddies though). I most likely would have relegated to his wishes of undoing the trade just cause we are not that competitive in fantasy baseball, and I wasn't really getting hurt in any way. But just looking for other opinions if I had a right to be a little perturbed
mpw82
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:36 pm

Perturbed...sure. I would not sweat it though.

Just return the favor on his trades and vote No on everything. Voting leagues are democratic. Meaning you can vote as you like and whenver you like no matter how stupid the trade is or isn't that is under consideration.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Ender » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:39 pm

Our league specifically has a rule that the people involved in the trade can veto it themselves within 24 hours. I'd rather see some cases of buyers remorse than a bunch of bad trades. It also lets other players trying to offer more for a player if they think he is going too cheaply.

Of course this is our leagues 3rd year, I wouldn't want a rule like that in a public league.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Postby RynMan » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:47 pm

Nah, that's not fair and frankly is a joke.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -227)

Postby rainman23 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:53 pm

There is obvious collusion here...but it's not between the trading partners. It's between these guys and his buddies. I agree, there's probably not a lot you can do about it, unless everyone admits they only did it to help their pal. Then if you've got a decent commissioner maybe you can get some satisfaction. But the league sucks now, and it's only going to get worse if you press the issue. Sorry...
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -8)

Postby 5 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:32 pm

That's bulls hit man. Do you know this clown?

You really could end up making out all right by keeping Hafner. If that's the case, be sure to thank her....or him but the her was funnier.
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -5)

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:53 pm

I find it amusing that in a voting league people think anyone is obligated to vote a certain way. People can vtote however they want. If you expect that voting to follow guided principles of ethics then I have a bridge fin Brooklyn for sale. If you want a fair trade analysis, you let a fair minded commish rule. If you want to do voting, then you can expect cliches, self-interest and emotional irrationalities to rule the day.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers