Return to Baseball Leftovers

is Dave Bush the real deal?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

is Dave Bush the real deal?

Postby amo1983 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:29 pm

How do you think Dave Bush SP Brewers will hold up this year? He pitched a complete game shutout today and had a solid first start. Will consistency be his biggest problem? Will he be a quality fantasy starter?
amo1983
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ChoneJohn » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:32 pm

I wish I knew...I just picked him up today after watching that shutout. I'd like to think that he might be this year's Capuano (whom I also have). The way some of that lineup has been hitting, though, he should be good for double-digit wins (i hope, i hope, i hope!). :-o
Go Tigers!
ChoneJohn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Matthias » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:33 pm

I know BP liked him pre-season and he was discussed around here as a sleeper. Cinci's offense is aided in a large part by their small home park but still have some sticks, even when playing in Milwaukee. Shutting them out through 9 I would call a statistical outlier, but not a freak occurence. They only had about 4 hits and 2 of them were with 2 outs in the 9th after he was over 110 pitches.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -34)

Postby MissingOakley » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:37 pm

He's had a low WHIP each of the last two years, which to me is a good sign. Decent K/IP too... hmm, maybe I'll pick him up too. Guys who switch leagues often have nice starts.
MissingOakley
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -4)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby CeeLoGreen » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:39 pm

I agree with the Capuano comparison...Perhaps not as much a strikeout guy as Capuano. I also likened him to Brett Myers of last year after watching one of his games, also not as much a K guy...

I also picked him up after Burnett went down and couldn't be happier with the way he pitched today. That does incredible things for your WHIP and ERA in roto...I was gonna drop him for another decent matchup but I think Ill hold onto him and see what happens.
Basically I'm complicated.
I have a hard time taking the easy way
I wouldn't call it schizophrenia
But Ill be at least two people today

If that's OK

And I can go on, and on, and on...

But who cares?
CeeLoGreen
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Thursday » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:43 pm

I dropped Ollie Perez for David Bush today, he'd better come through, or else. :-b
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:44 pm

I just picked him up today as well and hoping he can give me atleast half of what he played like this afternoon. Now seems like his time to step up as a serious fantasy pitcher with pretty good matchups in the Cubs, Giants, and Padres slated as opponents for his next few starts.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -73)

Postby The Jury » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:48 pm

HE PITCHED A CGSO today?? Damn!!!!! My mind and gut were both in favour of putting him in, then I checked the 2006 stats last night just to confirm and found out that the Reds were in the top 3 in runs scored, so I made a U-turn and kept him on the bench. Damn!
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)

Postby bronxxbomber » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:44 pm

As long as you have reasonable expectations I think he can be a good bet. I doubt he's anything more than 4th for fantasy teams.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -11)

Postby looptid » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:32 pm

Mike Maddux is an underrated pitching coach. I too agree with the Capuano comparison. I think working with Maddux Bush can become a solid mixed league starting pitcher.
looptid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -4)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers