Return to Baseball Leftovers

Gabe Gross and the Brewers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Gabe Gross and the Brewers

Postby zbenzo » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:31 am

Do you guys think Milwaukee will start using Gross more often? I mean, it appears he is really seeing the ball well and has been producing when given the oppurtunity. He plays OF, so he will not play over Carlos Lee, but I can see him filling in for Jenkins now and then and possiblility taking over Clark's position if Jenkins is not traded.

Milwaukee is a team to watch if they can get some starting pitching, it appears they have plenty of offense considering that Bill Hall does not have a regular position. Rickie Weeks still has not provided the power nor the fielding ability he is capable of.

If they can find another quality starter to go along with Sheets and Capuano, this team may be the division winner come October. If Bush turns out to be that guy and Doug Davis turns it around combined with an excellent bullpen of Capallen, Wise and Turnbow, they can go far if not this year, definitely next year.

But getting back to Gross, when will we see the former 1st round draft choice on a regular basis?
zbenzo
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zbenzo » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:04 am

anyone on Gross?
zbenzo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ender » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:07 am

Well Jenkins won't be traded, its possible that Lee will if the Brewers aren't doing well by the trade deadline.

I really don't see Gross getting full time play barring an injury, but I think he'll still get a decent number of AB's as the 4th OF. Maybe not enough to make him fantasy team worthy, but enough that he could earn a job for next year.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Postby Danimal » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:47 am

If Brady Clark continues to struggle, I could see those two platooning.
Danimal
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -7)

Return to Baseball Leftovers