Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bobby Crosby??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Laean » Mon May 01, 2006 4:00 pm

hoya1982 wrote:He is a fine major leaguer in real life but for fantasy purposes he does "suck." For one thing the A's play in a terrible park for hitters. I don't know how good he is defensively but that is another thing that he won't get credit for in fantasy baseball. Like the earlier poster said, I'd rather have all of those other guys listed rather than him, but I'm sure that major league teams would much rather have him than some guys like Barmes, Lugo, and perhaps a few others because of the park effects and the inflated value of SBs that make those guys more valuable than Crosby in fantasy baseball but not in real life.
\

no matter how you cut it, he does not "suck, period," whether it's real or fantasy baseball. yes, he has sucked so far. yes, he has underperformed so far. but he has also been injured.

if people want to say "he's been a sucky baseball player so far and i feel sorry for those who put up with him," that's a legitimate comment to make. but peopl can't say "he sucks," like he is inherently a bad fantasy baseball player and always will be, that's jumping to conclusions too early in his career.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Tiex » Mon May 01, 2006 9:13 pm

i have crosby and he was pissin me off. I traded webb for tejada :-D and now crosbys ridin the pine until he heats up and i can trade him
Big Tiex
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby giants! » Mon May 01, 2006 9:16 pm

pokeyjoe wrote:
giants! wrote:Come on, you can't give up on him. It is Harold Reynold's pick for AL MVP. Seriously though, id bench him until he becomes hot, assuming you have room on your bench for him

Being Harold Reynolds pick for MVP isn't that great. He was nominating someone for ROY who wasn't eligible.

I was being sarcastic
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -157)

Postby Yoda » Mon May 01, 2006 11:23 pm

It's funny how someone like Crosby, who has been solid to good and showing steady improvment when healthy starts to struggle, everyone is quick to dump him. Then you have a guy like Beltre who had one ridiculous of a season with a long track record of underachievement and yet everyone is holding onto him.

I sometimes wonder what people are thinking... :-?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby Raf » Tue May 02, 2006 12:43 am

Beltres on FA in my league, and so is Crosby.
Raf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Tue May 02, 2006 11:17 am

Raf wrote:Beltres on FA in my league, and so is Crosby.

Not in my money league. I grabbed Crosby off waivers tho.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Jury » Tue May 02, 2006 11:25 am

hoya1982 wrote:He is a fine major leaguer in real life but for fantasy purposes he does "suck." For one thing the A's play in a terrible park for hitters. I don't know how good he is defensively but that is another thing that he won't get credit for in fantasy baseball. Like the earlier poster said, I'd rather have all of those other guys listed rather than him, but I'm sure that major league teams would much rather have him than some guys like Barmes, Lugo, and perhaps a few others because of the park effects and the inflated value of SBs that make those guys more valuable than Crosby in fantasy baseball but not in real life.

Not every league has BA as a category... I'll take his power numbers.
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)

Postby hookem2003 » Tue May 02, 2006 6:33 pm

well look who showed up to play today. ;-D
hookem2003
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Yoda » Tue May 02, 2006 6:35 pm

hookem2003 wrote:well look who showed up to play today. ;-D

Good things come to those who wait... ;-D
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Laean » Tue May 02, 2006 6:39 pm

the week i decide to ride out his slump and replace a cold streak with a hot one by benching him and temporarily use jack wilson, he puts up a 3 run homer. you can all thank me guys. oh well, at least jack wilson got a SB, so it don't hurt that much.

i'll bench felix next week, so be sure to start him.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -3)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers