Return to Baseball Leftovers

esteban german

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby J35J » Mon May 08, 2006 11:29 am

I like the guy and hope very much he can be consistant in the bigs. He will take over for Gruds next year as our 2B. The only way you should pick this guy up is if you are in a 16+ team mixed league though, lets not get too excited.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pochucker » Mon May 08, 2006 1:22 pm

Im considering him. 12t h2h C&M infielders are part of 12 offensive slots. I have dominant offensive team except little light on steals. Since Cantu is on dl I have had eckstein filling in, German just might be the ticket for some cheap steals!
Pochucker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -9)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon May 08, 2006 2:33 pm

J35J wrote:I like the guy and hope very much he can be consistant in the bigs. He will take over for Gruds next year as our 2B. The only way you should pick this guy up is if you are in a 16+ team mixed league though, lets not get too excited.

Jason

Gruds is signed for 2 years I believe and...

No love for Ruben Gotay? :,-(

As to German, he's had some gaudy numbers in the A's AAA team the last 3 years and that has yet to translate to the majors. The things against him is that he's already 28 years old(and frankly I still don't trust Latino player's listed age. See: Berroa), is a horrible defender(got hit on the face with a fly ball while playing OF) and has no real role on the team(Teahen will be back up sooner or later for 3B, Grudz is settled in at 2B, Sweeney or Stairs will be for sure DHing, OF looks solid when everybody is healthy(Emil Brown, Aaron Guiel, Shane Costa, David Dejesus, Reggie Sanders...German is not at the top of that depth chart I don't think, he's a horrible defender)

I like him, I wish he can do well, but I just don't see him playing all that much this year. I'm sorry. Some other KC fan may disagree though.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -246)

Postby J35J » Mon May 08, 2006 3:58 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
J35J wrote:I like the guy and hope very much he can be consistant in the bigs. He will take over for Gruds next year as our 2B. The only way you should pick this guy up is if you are in a 16+ team mixed league though, lets not get too excited.

Jason

Gruds is signed for 2 years I believe and...

No love for Ruben Gotay? :,-(

As to German, he's had some gaudy numbers in the A's AAA team the last 3 years and that has yet to translate to the majors. The things against him is that he's already 28 years old(and frankly I still don't trust Latino player's listed age. See: Berroa), is a horrible defender(got hit on the face with a fly ball while playing OF) and has no real role on the team(Teahen will be back up sooner or later for 3B, Grudz is settled in at 2B, Sweeney or Stairs will be for sure DHing, OF looks solid when everybody is healthy(Emil Brown, Aaron Guiel, Shane Costa, David Dejesus, Reggie Sanders...German is not at the top of that depth chart I don't think, he's a horrible defender)

I like him, I wish he can do well, but I just don't see him playing all that much this year. I'm sorry. Some other KC fan may disagree though.

Gruds won't be here next year, nor will Sanders, Mientky, and maybe 1 or 2 others we signed this year. We will trade those guys off this year and yes I do believe German will have a starting gig next year, probably 2B as Gotay is terrible!!

Its hard to guess what is going to happen with the Royals as the whole organization is in shambles but don't expect alot from German this year as he and the team will struggle all year long.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)

Postby rentz » Mon May 08, 2006 8:46 pm

he's starting in cf tonight, which if im reading right makes 6games in the of...so he should qualify at 3b and of now in yahoo correct?
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Paco625 » Tue May 09, 2006 9:08 am

Correct, he is now 3B and OF eligible in yahoo
Paco625
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby beezer » Tue May 09, 2006 1:43 pm

Looked good last night. 2-3 BB, 2 Runs
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beezer » Tue May 16, 2006 11:38 pm

Out of the starting lineup for the 3rd straight game despite a .448 OBP. Only the Royals.
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KOSTAS » Wed May 17, 2006 11:16 am

The Royals are truly a clueless organization.

German has an OBP of over .400 and id the fastest man on that team and they can't find a place for him in their AAA lineup??

A disgrace of a team and some major moves and decisions are needed at the top.
KOSTAS
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -8)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed May 17, 2006 12:38 pm

he's a horrible defender but I agree that he should start over Graffanino until Gordon(hopefully not this year) and Teahen comes up.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -246)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers