Return to Baseball Leftovers

esteban german

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby KOSTAS » Wed May 17, 2006 12:41 pm

I know he is not an ace defender but is he really "horrible"?

I mean, the guy can play all over the field- that's got to mean he has some defensive skills. Maybe he does not have a stellar arm but with those wheels, he must have range.
KOSTAS
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed May 17, 2006 12:48 pm

KOSTAS wrote:I know he is not an ace defender but is he really "horrible"?

I mean, the guy can play all over the field- that's got to mean he has some defensive skills. Maybe he does not have a stellar arm but with those wheels, he must have range.

YES!

Kansas City center fielder Esteban German left Sunday's game against Oakland in the sixth inning after being hit in the mouth by a fly ball.

German, the second Royals center fielder to leave a game early in as many days, appeared to misjudge Nick Swisher's deep drive to left-center. The ball missed his glove, hit him in the face and rolled along the wall as German lay on the warning track.

Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -246)

Postby KOSTAS » Wed May 17, 2006 12:53 pm

Well in defense of the guy, he has been an infielder his entire career (unlike Jose Canseco). :-)
KOSTAS
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -8)

Postby beezer » Thu May 18, 2006 5:00 pm

This is from Rotoworld:

Esteban German - 3B - Royals

Esteban German, who hadn't started a game in six days, was back in the starting lineup on Thursday and reached base five times against the Indians.
German singled three times and walked twice to score a pair of runs. Perhaps the Royals should have shown a bit more patience with a player who sported a .448 on-base percentage before being benched, but that would have disrupted their organizational philosophy of ineptitude. German will get a few more starts because of his strong performance, but he's always a 1-for-12 slump away from the bench. May. 18 - 4:51 pm et

"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beezer » Sat May 20, 2006 11:09 pm

From Rotoworld:

Esteban German - OF - Royals

Esteban German, who reached base five times on Thursday, returned to action on Saturday and singled in his lone at-bat as a pinch-hitter.
German's recent usage looks like this: After the club's game on May 8, German was hitting .447. Over the next three games, he goes 1-for-12. The Royals then bench German for six days, giving him just one plate appearance during that span. He returns to the starting lineup on May 18 and reaches base five times. German is out of the starting lineup each of the following two days, receiving just one plate appearance as a pinch-hitter. If you can get past how frustrating and unfair that must feel like if you're German, it's good for a nice laugh. May. 20 - 10:24 pm et

beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby beezer » Sat May 20, 2006 11:10 pm

From Rotoworld:

Esteban German - OF - Royals

Esteban German, who reached base five times on Thursday, returned to action on Saturday and singled in his lone at-bat as a pinch-hitter.
German's recent usage looks like this: After the club's game on May 8, German was hitting .447. Over the next three games, he goes 1-for-12. The Royals then bench German for six days, giving him just one plate appearance during that span. He returns to the starting lineup on May 18 and reaches base five times. German is out of the starting lineup each of the following two days, receiving just one plate appearance as a pinch-hitter. If you can get past how frustrating and unfair that must feel like if you're German, it's good for a nice laugh. May. 20 - 10:24 pm et

beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers