Return to Baseball Leftovers

Am I crazy or...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Am I crazy or...

Postby Zito is God » Sun May 21, 2006 3:39 pm

...is Freddy Sanchez at worst a bench player now and should be picked up in semi-deep leagues. I just picked him up and it seems like, especially without Casey, he is getting a load of time in the 3 hole, and in front of Bay. Overall all the numbers look fairly good, and the position eligibility made me pick him up and stash him as a util player. Crazy or is he getting looks now?
Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Am I crazy or...

Postby NikkiSixx » Sun May 21, 2006 4:42 pm

Zito is God wrote:...is Freddy Sanchez at worst a bench player now and should be picked up in semi-deep leagues. I just picked him up and it seems like, especially without Casey, he is getting a load of time in the 3 hole, and in front of Bay. Overall all the numbers look fairly good, and the position eligibility made me pick him up and stash him as a util player. Crazy or is he getting looks now?

Everytime I look at Sanchez he seems to be doing something good, he has impressed me this year to say the least. However, his lack of runs and RBI's in that lineup (not to mention he doesnt hit many HR's and he doesnt have blazing speed) makes him a matchup starter or a fill-in for player that might be injured at 2B, 3B, or SS.

I think its a solid idea to stash him on the bench and play to his strengths. He is definately worth starting over guys who havent done much this year like Marcus Giles (although he has had a decent May).
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 368)

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Sun May 21, 2006 4:44 pm

This thread has been eaten by the Webhamster. This typically happens to solitary posts that move too far away from their own kind. Please repost your question or issue in the appropriate forum where it can dwell among the herd of similar threads and where the mods will bravely protect it from the mean rodents. And please ... do not feed the Webhamster! Thank you.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 210)

Return to Baseball Leftovers